Hay Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly how my buns are. They are verypicky when it comes to their hay, which is one of the reasons I got theOxbow (that, and it's pretty darn good stuff). They wolf down theTimothy like there's no tomorrow.

Buck Jones wrote:
I"store" my hay, which I buy in bales, in large rectangular plastic bagsI have. They are not sealed, so the contentsdon'tgo moldy. The "bag" just serves to keep the hay from fallingall over my shed floor...The rectangular bags I now use...are becomingdecrepid and "holey" with use and I will have to soon search on theinternet for replacements....My point is, simple plastic bags can serveto store your hay, in a closet if need be, as long as you don't seal itand permit it to get moldy.

Buck

For those who may be interested in storing hay bales accordingly, Ijust this afternoon received the "replacement" rectangular plasticbags. After some Internet searching for rectangular plastictrash bags without any success, I finally located a motorcycle dealerin Delaware that sells plastic hay bale covers, usually used to linethe edge of a race track. Turn said covers over with theopening on top and voila`, my hay storage problems are over!

Nice heavy duty white plastic covers with the Moose Bay Racinglogo on them, albeit upside down in my application. Theywillcomfortablyhold larger bales of strawand hay than I am able to buy in this area. At $4.95 ea, theyare not terribly expensive and shipping was $6.00 for two ofthem. More importantly, they function as I anticipated.

If you may be interested, link to:http://www.leossouth.com/dlrindexsend_pg_catprod_levelcode_4942_catalogcode_1031_partheadernumber_90955-Moose+Hay+Bale+Cover.htm

Buck

Latest posts

Back