hay feeder location

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winggx

Reaction score
Hi all, I bought a new rabbit a few days ago.
I placed the hay feeder near the cage door, and the rabbit was able to find that hay and eat them.

My girlfriend told me that rabbit poo and eat at the same time, so she said I should place the hay feeder near the litter box. I changed the position of the hay feeder, and now the rabbit seems not to eat the hay anymore.

Is it because I changed the location of the feeder? From what I observed, the rabbit seems to rely on memory rather than what the rabbit see when he wants to get to another place.

For example, when my rabbit wants to drink water, he always go through a specific "route" (first jump on to the plastic platform, then jump down to the right)...rather than go straight through the fake wood tunnel.

My hay rack is at the opposite end of the cage from the poop boxes and I only sweep up a dozen poops or so in the morning from 2 bunnys so I would say having it away from the box doesnt make a difference in their poop habbits. They got better at poops only in the box over time regardless of where the hay was.

We put cookies hay in his litter box! And I wouldn't worry about moving it... Fir the first 6 weeks or so that we had cookie we rearranged things alot until we finally figured out where everything worked best! And he eats way more hay with it being in his box :)

Back