Having two rabbits: do they get less affectionate towards their owners?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barush

Reaction score
Hi,

I've never had two rabbits at the same time, so I was wondering if that might have some effect on how much cuddly the rabbits then are, since one could perhaps assume, their needs for bonding and being close are automatically met by the other rabbit in contrast to having only one rabbit which would be then seeking the closeness from the owner, because there are no other rabbits close. Any experiences with this? :)

Hi,

I've never had two rabbits at the same time, so I was wondering if that might have some effect on how much cuddly the rabbits then are, since one could perhaps assume, their needs for bonding and being close are automatically met by the other rabbit in contrast to having only one rabbit which would be then seeking the closeness from the owner, because there are no other rabbits close. Any experiences with this? :)

Well I guess not all rabbits are 'cuddly' which is just because of their personality, I used to have a partner for my bun Bambi (and she was in love with him) but when he passed away I could tell that she wanted rabbit company and my interaction with her isn't enough, so I guess that bringing another rabbit in won't necessarily change the relationship with the human, but it might make the bun happy to have company from the same species!

Latest posts

Back