Having tail issues

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope things continue to improve and the treatment the vet is doing gives your bun's tail a chance to heal completely...to the point where she isn't going after it anymore! :goodluck

Thought I'd update everyone on Sydney's tail issues. After a year of dealing with her licking/biting her tail, on and off antibiotics and having to wear the little collar for weeks at a time, she is currently (knock on wood and keep your fingers crossed) just about 8 weeks without incident. I don't know if it's due to the fact that whatever was the initial problem was finally treated effectively, if she just can't really get at that area anymore because of her arthritis (although I've seen her lick her tail) or that giving a once a week dose of Metacam and daily Joint Tabs (by Oxbow) have calmed the pain in her spine/tail so that it's not a problem. Whatever the reason, I'm just glad she seems to be doing well at this point. I check her tail every morning and evening when she gets out of her cage and keep my fingers crossed that she doesn't start back in with everything. Thanks for all you help and suggestions along the way :thankyou:

Latest posts

Back