Having a Sleep Test tonight

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephiemarie78

Reaction score
:( I'm going in tonight for a Polysomnogram sleep test. I'm really scared, I don't sleep well in new places. Then to have all this stuff hooked up to me monitoring me while I try to sleep. And well that's a whole other problem. My DR. think I have Obstructive Sleep Apnea. My blood pressure has been very high and I'm on meds for that. Last month it was 140/100 and I'm only 30. I also have excessive daytime sleepiness. I'm always tired and not feeling well. I have a really hard time falling alseep and staying alseep.

So tonight I go to the sleep clinic at 8.30 for my sleep test =( The only thing positive out of this is my Insurance will pay 100% of my test and if I end up having to get a CPAP machine.

I feel for you, I'm getting the same thing done for my horrible insomnia. I'm hoping they can help figure out why I cannot fall asleep so I don't have to take sleep aids the rest of my life.

Good Luck! It should be an interesting experience.

I was suppose to have one done a couple of years ago, but decided against it after I heard that your drivers licence can be taken away if they think you have sleep apnea. (Which I don't).

It has happened on more than one occasion here in ON that people were diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which they didn't have). Their Doctor had to notify the Ministry of Transportation and their licence was taken away immediately. They had a real heck of a time getting it back too.

Good Luck

Susan:)

You'd be surprised how easy you sleep once they get you in there - My sister has that. I probably do and I need to have the study done. Sis has a Cpap machine and it helps a lot.

Do you wake up all night long too? or do you feel like you were *aware* when you are asleep?

My dad was tested for a CPAP machine last year but he did the sleep test at home. The nurse came after supper and showed us how to hook up the sleep test machine. It measured heat rate, breathing and a couple other things. She left the machine over night and my dad hooked himself up before he went to bed. Then the nurse came the next day to pick it up.

Good luck with falling asleep at the clinic. I know i"d have a hard time as I can barely fall asleep at home in my own bed.

My dad ending up getting a CPAP and it was the best thing ever. He doens't fall asleep during the day anymore and he gets a good night sleep without snoring. Best invention ever!

Well I did it. The tech said a slept off
An on. I didn't feel like I slept much at all. I'll find out if I have it in a few weeks. Then I go back in for another test!

I call it the elephant scuba gear. Lol. I was diagnosed with it last year. unfortunately, mine is not covered and therefore, I am just dealing with it. If you do have it, be glad it was diagnosed as many doctors tend to oversee it. You'll find much relief with the cpap. I hope it all goes well for you.:)

my sister has sleep apnea and one morning I had to wake her up I forgot she had the sleep mask and it scared me half to death when she sat up... it took a long time before her kids quit being scared of the mask

Back