Having a bun sitter again...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maherwoman

Reaction score
Hey guys...I'm off from tomorrow until Sunday, as we're going to my dad's until Saturday night, then travelling to San Diego to the BunFest on Sunday! :)

I thought since I'm having someone watch my furkids again, this time for one more night than last time (which makes me SO nervous, lol), I would rehash my previous thread about bun-sitting data.

Also, I've taken pics of how we pre-measure and contain their food...

000_2920.jpg

000_2921.jpg

000_2922.jpg

Not to mention, since I'm having someone watch my bunnies that has a hard time reading, I wrote a much shorter list for him. We've already done one run-through of how to feed the girls, and are doing another tonight. I will also have open on the computer the longer list (most of the data of which is listed in the above-mentioned thread...except for SweetPea's data, since she's been added to the herd since our last trip to my dad's), in case he needs it, and I'll have out my binder containing information about bun health.

So, here's the list I handwrote for him:

000_2918.jpg

000_2919.jpg

000_2917B.jpg

There ya go!

Hugs ya'll!

Rosie*

Yeah, I'm sure things will be just fine. :)

Just in case...ya never know, right? :D It's worth my piece of mind to be so overly-prepared. Though, really, for buns...IS there such a thing??

:biggrin2:

TK Bunnies wrote:
Wow your eally perpared!!! It looks like you've got everything covered!! Hope it all goes well,

-TK :)

maherwoman wrote:
Just in case...ya never know, right? :D It's worth my piece of mind to be so overly-prepared. Though, really, for buns...IS there such a thing??

:biggrin2:

TK Bunnies wrote:
Wow your eally perpared!!! It looks like you've got everything covered!! Hope it all goes well,

-TK :)

You can NEVER get over perpared!!! The problem with me is that I have a habbit of perparing and the exact oppsite off what I prepared for happens!! :biggrin2:

Like I said up above I really doubt that something bad will happen to the buns since they have a good bun sitter, very clear notes/insturctions, and a mommy who loves them that much!! :)

-TK

Hmmmm... bunny sitters!

Last Christmas we went home and asked my good (?!?!?!) friend to bunnysit.

I left her with pages (and I mean pages) of detailed instructions on what to do with each rabbit. 10 pages .. 10 rabbits. Each page had what you could and couldn't do how and when to feed.. how much to feed.. who likes to be pet and who will bite your finger off should you stick it in his cage! She was not only given a list she came over to the house to help me do it so she would know what to do without question.

Each cage had the rabbits names on them, each water bottle had each rabbits name on. The bunnies all had large feeders in their cage and 32 oz water feeders(just in case she wasn't able to come on Christmas day to feed them) Any other rabbit would have been overfed with the amount that I left them JUST IN CASE!

I came home a week later and went into the bunny room to give kisses and say I am sorry for going away. None of the rabbits had food and the one rabbit who would bite you his water bottle had been chewed on and a hole was in it, was laying on the floor. 2 water feeders were empty. All the rabbits were standing up in their cages when I went in to see them.. almost lost my fingers they couldnt get to the food fast enough.

The woman that I had looking after them did not call me til 3 days after I was home. She said to me "I hope I did a good job" I was flabberghasted. She then proceeded to tell me that one of the rabbits charged her when she opened the cage. This rabbit is the most gentlest of creatures and would more than likely hide when she came in the room. Did she charge her... I would say YES... she was fricking starving or thirsty!

Recently I went on a cruise and my disabled husband watched them and did a better job than she did.

When leaving your babies in others hands .. make sure they are reliable in their own lives before you trust them with something of yours!

NEXT TIME I AM GOING TO GET A CREDIT AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK BEFORE I LEAVE MY BABIES WITH ANYONE!

I love that you put your name and password on here for help!

Isn't it funny that we know we can count on each other online?! What on Earth did people do years ago?! :pHonestly, Bo might not have made it through his first months with me if I hadn't found some people online that knew what to tell me! I was rabbit underknowledged.

irishmist wrote:
NEXT TIME I AM GOING TO GET A CREDIT AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK BEFORE I LEAVE MY BABIES WITH ANYONE!

If you lived closer to me I'd gladly help you out! I love playing with bunnies! they'd be spoiled rotten just like my own!

I'm closer to Indy.

wow thorough!!!!!!!!!!! i would have her come over a few times to go through the routine with you so she can write her own notes to where things are and such. When i did pet sitting i always had a "getting to know you" visit where iw ould take my own detailed notes to everything they were saying. just make sure that she knows what to do and how to do it, and if there is anyone that you trust that can just swing by your place on any given day to check that all looks well, that would help ease your mind,lol.

Latest posts

Back