Haven't posted in a long time

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BEAUKEZRA

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a long time so I don't know if anyone remembers me but I thought I would give an update on me and the buns.

The bunnies are doing well with the exception of Louie who has lost a lot of weight in the last few months. I am working with the vet to figure out why. He does have a hairball so the vet has altered his diet and I've been giving him benebac for 2 weeks. Also I'm feeding him critical care twice a day but this is becoming more and more difficult since he hates it so much. He eats just fine and is his normal self but has gotten very skinny. If he doesn't gain any weight by the time I bring him back for his next appt. then the vet will start blood tests. I'm remaining positive because I refuse to accept that I may lose him.

This weekend I'll be at Petsmart helping the Gainesville Rabbit Rescue and it's my first adoption event so I'm a little nervous. It should be fun though.

We rescued a dog (2-3yr old Cocker Spaniel) about a year ago from some unfortunate circumstances. I've never wanted a dog but I completely adore her. She is a very nervous dog around people and is unsocialized so sometimes I take her to doggie daycare so she can be around other people and play with other dogs. She is not allowed to be around the bunnies because they seem to excite her too much.

Well thats about it for now. Now some pictures....

Bernie and Louie

100_0689.jpg

Alice and Oreo

100_0688.jpg

"secret lovers" Maxwell and Maddie

100_0690.jpg

Daisy

100_0668.jpg

BEAUKEZRA wrote:
This weekend I'll be at Petsmart helping the Gainesville Rabbit Rescue and it's my first adoption event so I'm a little nervous. It should be fun though.
Yay for you!! Whicharea you working with? I can't remember where you live. We have a blast at our adoption events and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I always play up to the kids. I hold a rabbit and let them pet it. If I feel comfortable, I will let the child sit in a chair and hold the bunny. Mom and Dad are more likely to stuff some money in the donation jar! Let us know how it goes.

I'm in Gainesville. I'm nervous that I may actually talk people out of adopting in my attempt to educate them about their care lol.

So you have probably met Kathy. She is an awesome educator. We really want people to be prepared for the reality of having a bunny and if it scares them off, then it is probably for the best. Welcome to our rescue!!! Thank you so much for helping.

Thank you for the warm welcome. Yes I've been to Kathy's house and did a little cage cleaning. She's so nice. I wish I could foster but I just don't have the space and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to let them go but I'll help the rescue in any other way I can :biggrin2:.

Welcome back!

I am glad to hear the buns are doing well. I just you can your vet can figure out what is going on with Louie :(.

Daisy is adorable! We see a few Cockers come into the grooming salon and I really love them!

Best of luck with Louie. And best of luck at your first adoption event! I'm sure you will be great!

Back