Haven't been around much the past week

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CKGS

Reaction score
It has been one of those weeks. I am exhausted. I have been getting everything for the kiddos for school and taking them to orientations and other before school activities. My youngest was registered weeks and weeks ago and they lost his paperwork so monday (the day before school starts) I have to go reregister him. He has been getting a little more comfortable with going and now because they told me (in front of him) that he isn't registered so isn't a student he is upset. He is my youngest, the one who may have autism. Any change to him is a huge thing and this has been a big upset to him.

We have had to put the van into the shop 2 times in the last 2 months for big repairs costing hundreds and without my familys' help I wouldn't be able to do this. Thank god they are always willing to help by lending us a car and money when we need it. Well they just had to have repairs done on both of their cars and used all their savings and now my van needs brakes and rotors (sp?). It seems there is always something... But thankfully they didn't all need repairs all at once or the family would have had no transportation. My parents just got their cars back at the beginning of the week and my brakes went out the day after. Miracles do happen and God does bless us even when I feel beatdown.

Tony is doing exceptional! He is such a lover and a true gentle giant. We all love him so much, especially my oldest son. Tony is his buddy. He hasn't gotten close to an animal since the GSD we got when he was a toddler was PTS. I am glad to see him so involved in another animal again. He took it the hardest when our GSD was pts. He has done alot of mourning for her and sometimes I catch him talking to her memorial ( a collage of pics of her). He and my middle son learned to walk holding onto her hair. She was their constant and best friend... It finally seems he is bonding to another pet.

Kate is gone. I had her PTS a few days ago. She never binkyed really and she seemed sad. She stopped offering kisses and wouldn't eat so I felt it was time for her to leave. I hate that she was so young but I feel greatful to her and to whatever brought us together. I think she taught me much for the little time she was with us.

In some ways I think it is strange how I haven't really cried for her. I cried as I held her after but I haven't since. I feel something different with her passing- I feel like a weight is lifted. I don't know that this will make sense to anyone else but I felt like she was greatful. And I feel that I was lucky enough to have been the one to got her and maybe she was lucky enough that is was me.

I miss her when I walk by her empty cage but I don't grieve for her. She gave me a tremendous healing with her little life. I am so thankful that God sent her my way. I learned alot about how quickly bunnies fade and that sometimes you just know when the time has come to let go. Only here a few weeks but she left an impact. I think my experience with her will make me a better mom for Tony. It has definetly taught me to watch for signs and to trust my instincts when they tell me something isn't right. Tracy told me this but I wasn't sure at the time to trust myself. Thank you Tracy.

I want to thank everyone who helped me the night I took Kate to the vet and for all the info, help, and support everyone provided me. This means the world to me. I wish I had better news in regards to Kate but it seemed she didn't want to be here any longer. Through it all she had never totally lost her appetite especially to hay but she had stopped eating that and I even tried the pumpkin and she didn't even want to lift her head to smell it. There were no heroic efforts to save her and I felt that she had went through enough in her short life. I just wanted her togo feeling love. I think she did.

I'm sorry to hear about Kate. :pray:It sounds like you did what was best for her. :pink iris:Rest in Peace SweetKate :pink iris:

Sounds like you have a great family. :)

I was just out today buying my daughters school supplies. She starts kindergarten soon. She's signed up and ready to go.

I don't know about you April but I'm a nervous wreck with him starting kindergarten. Lol. I have 2 older boys whom I've went through this with and each time one would think it would get easier but it hasn't for me. Plus with his problems I wonder how he's gonna handle it... Sigh. Motherhood is the best and I wouldn't trade it for anything but sometimes I could do without the worry and the stress. Lol.

CKGS wrote:
I don't know about you April but I'm a nervous wreck with him starting kindergarten. Lol. I have 2 older boys whom I've went through this with and each time one would think it would get easier but it hasn't for me. Plus with his problems I wonder how he's gonna handle it... Sigh. Motherhood is the best and I wouldn't trade it for anything but sometimes I could do without the worry and the stress. Lol.
Yes, I'm nervous and stressed. Lol. I started all over with Lexi-5 and Austin-3. My oldest kids are Chelsi-18 and Matthew-17 this month. Lexi suffers from anxiety so I worry about that. She's on medication for it, it's so bad. So... I know how you feel.

Well lets keep our fingers crossed and pray that our two 'babies' do great! My mom keeps telling me to think positive so I asked her if she was nervous my first day of school and she said yes. She wasn't able to be with me I remember because of her 2 jobs but she said she does remember feeling very worried. Lol.
It is amazing what our children put us through without even knowing at all.

Do you get to go and stay with him his first day of school? I get to go with Lexi her first day. They want the parents to come.Which I like cause I can let the teacher know about Lexi's problems.

They aren't doing that here. I wish they had but it would be to hard for me anyway with the baby. I have to take care of her and that would be funny trying to do that in the middle of the teacher trying to teach a class. Lol.

CKGS wrote:

And it gets stressful in different ways as they age...I only wish mine were little again... I miss the baby days so much.

Denise

I'm so sorry Kate is no longer with us. However, I know you made the decision with every wish to her best interests. She had a great mom and I know she loved you. You say you didn't have any heroic efforts to keep her alive, but that's because she didn't want it. I know you were willing to do anything for her, and in fact it was heroic to realize that she no longer had a zest for life.

This may be a very dark, sad time for you in terms of pets, so I hope you are doing ok. Perhaps once school starts, things will calm down and you can get into more of a routine, which really helps. When I struggle with depression, having a set schedule really helps. Also, we're here for you. [[hugs]]

I am the queen of depression this summer...more so than ever... too much stuff going on in my life and the only stability for me is in the barn. I hope your Tony can help heal the hole in your heart that Kate left...

Denise

Thank you so much (((Claire))) and (((Denise))). It means alot to have a place like this to retreat to also. Tony definetly helps me heal a little more everyday. He has such a big heart and a wonderful personality. He loves us- this I can actually know because of his willingness and want to be near us almost all the time.

Latest posts

Back