Have found out where dottie is peeing!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juier58

Reaction score
Hi
I posted a couple of days ago as my bunny had stopped peeing in her litter tray and got lots of good advice and could do with a bit more please.
On sorting out her pen today I discovered she has started peeing in her hidey house! Which is all well and good except that although the bottom is plastic the sides are plush so pee is soaking into it!
I have dried it off as best as I can, placed a pee pad inside and a layer of paper bedding. I have taken this action as I have only had her 10 days and I am aware she is still making this her home. Is this the right thing to do?
The last couple of days I can tell she is feeling more comfortable here, she even took a visit to the vets yesterday in her stride.
Any advice would be much appreciated thanks

Went back to look at your photos. Is the hidey house under the shelf in the cube cage? If so, I'd remove the hidey house and place the litter tray under that shelf. Rabbits tend to like to do their 'business' in private. Your set up had the litter box out in the open.
If you keep that flap hanging down from the shelf, it will provide privacy. Then just put the litter tray under that shelf.

After that is done, you can work on getting the hidey house washed and air-dried in the sun. You can add it back in later after she is trained.

Back