Have any of you had any problems with your dog eating your bunny's poop?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foreverblue127

Reaction score
I found out one of my dogs likes to eat the bunny's poop. I am in the process of litter training the bunny so he still leaves droppings around. I clean them up as soon as I see them. But my dog finds them before I do. I know there is a disease they can catch from it. Have any of you dealt with this problem before?

As long as your rabbit doesn't have an diseases, worms or parasites, it should be fine. Bunny poop is mostly hay and other roughage anywany, so isn't going to harm your dog.
One of my dogs likes bunny poops and the main issue is her going into the pen/cage to get it. My rabbits are litter trained, so there is usually no poops outside the cage.

Shouldn't be any real problem. Bunny pellets are one of the only leavings that can be put right into the garden without being composted. Don't know of any diseases--as long as everyone is worm free. Our dogs and bunnies aren't ever in the same area so it's not a problem.

Thanks for all the replies. I didn't think it would hurt him either.But when I looked it up it said that they can give your dog something called "coccidiosis"
Should I let him do it? It's gross, but it won't hurt him I won't worry about it if he catches it before I do.

our Pekingese is the first over to the pin when we put Mocha and Gizmo in their bunny cages for the night. >.> she adores bunny poops. we try to sweep them up as fast as we can at night, but we always miss a few that she finds and gobbles up!

Latest posts

Back