Has anyone tryed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I saw on the Chewsy Pets newsletter, and thought they might be a nice treat for the buns. Sounds like they come in differen't flavors like [align=center]AMAZING APPLE, SUPER BANANA, TASTY CARROT, VERRY BERRY, PERFECTLY PEAR AND SAVOURY HERB![/align] [align=left]I was ordering Timothy Pellets from them but I can now get them in the city close to home. At the same cost :([/align]

I've received these numerous times as gifts for Sparky and Scooter. They have always been an extremely popular gift! The girlies go gaga over them. I've never evaluated the "healthy" factor, but have always fed them very conservatively.

They seem a bit on the expensive side, which is why I have never ordered them myself. You get a really tiny amount for the money. I get a bigger bang for my buck with Mrs. Pastures Horse Cookies:

http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay_10551_10001_37260_-1______14499%7C14502%7C14505%7C37260?listingPage=true&Special=false

They are very hard and I break them up into treat size pieces and keep them in a jar for the buns. I haven't had one yet that didn't love them.

Mika and Sasha get treats for 'bedtime' when their playtime is over and they have to go back in their pen. The treats that they get I've found at Petco and other places.

They go NUTS for them--literally!!! They will sit and cluck at my feet and stand on their hind legs to reach up to get them!! They each get one and they will run off with it so they can have it all to themselves. They are nice and hard and crunchy so they are good on the teeth too!!!

These are the treats:

SunSeed Sunthing Special Animalovens-- Apple Strudels
Ingredients: Whole wheat flour, corn flour, dehydrated cabbage, dehydrated alfalfa, dehydrated parsley, dehydrated spinach, dehydrated kale, dehydrated green beans, dehydrated apple, vegetable oil, salt, water.

I have bought the treats (form Chewsy Pets). I think they were about $4-5 for a box. The bunnies loved them, but so did the dogs :grumpy:. I ended up buying a box, and the bunnies would get a few treats, then the dogs stole them and finished them.
I eventually couldn't afford to buy them, so I made my own.
If you can afford them, they are great and relatively healthy. Just keep them away form other pets and bunnies who like to steal things. :)

Korr_and_Sophie wrote:
I have bought the treats (form Chewsy Pets).
The local food supply that I get my food from (G&E Pharmacy) has horse treats that I get for my bunnies. It has the same ingredients and costs much less. $5.95 for a 1 pound bag.

Bebe would graba biscuitfast, run in circles with it in her mouth trying to find a safe spot to eat it. :D

Back