Has anyone spotted a brown liquid on their rabbits blanket etc?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DC

Reaction score
I am not sure what this is, but My rabbit keeps leaving a brown liquid stain on his blankets. I know it is coming out of his bottom. I just wanted to know if this is anything to be concerned about.

How are his poops? Does he leave cecals laying around? My two dwarf hotots who had megacolon would sometimes leave little brown liquid spots, but not the healthy rabbits.

It is not pasty. I see the stains pretty often. I clean his blanket any where from two to three times a week and they always have stain on them

Well the other day he was sitting and some came out and then he was looking at his bottom. I mean who knows at this point it could be urine. BuT I will say he is very good using his litter box.

I'd just give him hay and water for a day or two and see if it goes away (it should), and then start re-introducing the veggies one or two types at a time.

It could just be that he's sloppy -- the cecals are coated or walled with a mucus, they usually swallow them whole, but he could be breaking them or dropping them before he eats them, or they could be slightly runny.

I really think it is just cecal residue. If there's just a small amount, nothing to worry about, but it is most likely diet-related.

Try experimenting and see what makes it better or worse.

If it was urine it would mean he was 'leaking', and rabbit urine is rarely the same color all the time, so that's more doubtful.

Let us know the results!

sas :clover:

Yeah I'd say its either cecal residue, or bladder infection- like dribbling urine. For alonggg time I would every now and then get drips of urine on my shirt when holding my bunny. Now I figured out it was probably just a bladder infection.

Latest posts

Back