Has anyone ever used SlimFast to lose weight (and keep it off)?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, if SlimFast was acting with "an overabundance of caution" as they put it, they would never have sent out all of those possibly contaminated drinks. I wonder if it's something wrong with their facility if every flavor made at any time is possibly contaminated?

We went to the grocery store yesterday and bought a ton of food! I essentially am re-doing the pantry with healthier food items. We bought all healthy things, except for Tim Tams that Paul picked out. Paul loves cookies and honestly, things like candy and cookies aren't much of a threat to my eating well because I'm usually content to eat 0 or 1. I mean, we have a huge leftover bag of Halloween candy that I haven't had a piece from in over 2 weeks. I've decided not to bake any cookies or desserts myself for the time being though because those are way harder to resist!

The things I bought were a ton of fruits and veggies, 2 shapes of whole wheat pasta, Minute brown rice and normal brown rice, about 6 kinds of soup (some of them are in those big cartons), plus ingredients to make split pea soup and another soup that someone on the forum provided the recipe for, stuff to make a couple of stir fries, apple sauce (which I already eat daily), string cheese, cottage cheese, and some other nutritious stuff. No bread. My only questionable purchases are whole wheat Cheez-It crackers because I love crackers and want to have some sort of grain based snack around (I'll only take them to school since they'll be in a plastic baggy and I can't get more out of the box!) and some hot chocolate mix. It's Christmas season and I think it's okay if I have something festive like that. Oh I bought some of those K20 things Zin was talking about (thanks for the suggestion) as well as the "protein water" mix which was actually really tasty.

All the meals I have planned for this week are healthy too. Last night was fajitas cooked in a minimum amount of oil, I used small tortillas and only had one (but put lots of the filling in since it was mostly veggies), and only put some avocado on top of it, plus coleslaw made with light ingredients. I didn't eat any of the other toppings or spanish rice.

Peg, good luck to the both of us (and everyone else)!

I just have to share this - it is so exciting (for me).

Eric is on Jenny Craig - which to me is WAY WAY WAY expensive. He started about 2 weeks ago.

He can't afford to order 2 more weeks of food - and we can't right now either - so he went to the grocery store to buy some food (especially since there are some extras he needed to add to his Jenny Craig food).

He was sharing with me over the phone/video (Skype) about the various things he bought - why he bought them (reading calorie count and fat count and stuff like that).

Then he was sharing with me how he bought tuna packed in water and some low fat Miracle Whip and some relish and he was counting the calories of the tuna fish and MW and relish to see how much it would be - and figuring how he could put it over a salad or eat on X amount of crackers for a lunch.

I guess I was so happy because he was seeing how once he does get off the Jenny Craig food - he can apply the serving sizes and all of the nutritional stuff to his choices from now on.

What is also cool - is that he's losing enough weight that he now fits into his smaler jeans...

This is really great seeing everyone's dieting stories and progress.

My mom is severely overweight and got into a medical weight lose clinic(the doctors test you for everything and help you loose weight). She is in the first phase where she is meeting the doctors and getting the tests done to see if anything is wrong but we have started some diet changes. I told my mom I would help out by being in charge of cooking anything she needed me to and planning meals, lunches as long as she did whatever the doctors told her to do.Another teacher at my mom's school has also gotten into this same weight lose clinic now, so she has hired me to to make her healthy lunches now too! :)

So far we have been following my healthy diet meal plan and my mom has lost 17lbs since the summer and I just weight myself yesterday I have lost 15lbs since January! Now I just need to get my mom to start the exercise portion :rollseyes but that not going so well.

It's awesome to hear people's success stories!
Peg, that's especially great to hear that your son has learned from being on Jenny Craig. I know quite a few people who do Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers for a time, then after they stop they still don't understand about calories or portion sizes, and gain back everything they lost.

Myself, I do tend to eat healthier foods. My problem is that I eat too much of those healthy foods! My serving sizes are way out of whack.
I have some blood sugar issues that would probably even out if I would just work through it, but at the first sign of shakiness, I grab a snack.

I also really need to find a way to get more exercise.

okay, so while we are talking about losing weight, i wanted to share this, because i am SO proud of myself. here are 2 pics, one when i was at my highest weight (just over a year ago) and me just a few weeks ago. i have lost around 45 wonderfull pounds.

when i saw these next to each other i was in shock. how did i let myself get to that point? anyway. i am still working on losing weight. and i hope that everyone does great with their diets/lifestyle changes!

just had to share my before and after pic when i came across the one of me at my heaviest.

blah.jpg
100_3861.jpg

thanks guys, i really have to pat myself on the back, i have worked so hard.

but i am stopping all weight losing till after the holidays, it is just to much to worry about, since i work in a kitchen, and we are catering SO many holiday partys, their is always great food to try and taste.

how is everyone else doing? i think we should keep updating this with progress!

i need the support of others, and can offer it back!

Slim Fast never worked for me.....I was only 14 when I was using it though. lol I actually wasn't really fat - just couldn't except that I was growing and that I run in a family of strong females.

I still have weight issues - but the issue is completely oposite than the topic explains.
I starting losing weight quickly at 18 years. Though, I've always been picky, my pickiness started getting worse - and worse. From a healthy and muscular 140 lbs. to as little as 105 lbs.
Right now I weigh 117 lbs., but my avarage weight should be atleast 125 lbs.
I grow out of foods, so my diet has to have a variety every time we go shopping. Unfortuantly my diet consist of junk food and expensive foods, so I don't eat enough - though when I get the chance to enjoy a cold-cut turkey club sandwich(my favorite food on par with jerkey) at a good restaurant - I can eat about 6 orders before I'm satisfied and ready to leave.
One of the biggest issues with this appetite is that when there's nothing that's interesting to eat in the house - I smoke more cigs. The more I eat - I smoke less cigs. So it's really hard to control, but I've been getting alot better at controling this behavior.
Unfortuantly slimfast can't take care of my issue, only a doctor can fix it. I don't even know the name of my problem.

Latest posts

Back