Harness/Leash

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

momof2buns

Reaction score
Went to PetSmart today to look at bunny stuff! I came home with a 'comfort pet harness' for rabbits. Abby had to get used to it at first but now she runs everywhere outside with us!! She loves the semi-freedom!:biggrin2:

Anyone else use one?

477378433_XZDTB-S.jpg

477378412_x6xRK-S.jpg

Couple more pics of her thatI am fixing to go upload tomy RO blog...:apollo:

Yep! We have used a harness with Elf since the day we bought her.

4-30-06058.jpg

She loves running around at the park, and we even take her out to eat with us at cafes occasionally.

Oh she's so cute in her harness!! LOVE the picture!:-D I'd love to take Abby to the park...just worried about dogs barking at her, ect. What do you do when they bark at Elf? I guess she doesn't mind it.

I usually pick a wide open area near the children's playground. Most dog owners don't come near her. I keep a sharp eye out, though, at all times, just in case. She's a pretty tough bun, though. She scares our boxer. He cowers next to me whenever she's out and running around.

I use one! I actually have quite a few harnesses/leashes, as I train my rabbit in Rabbit Hopping/Agility. I've been on the lookout for a new harness (and H -style; which I can't find... :( ) and leash.

Emily

Neat! Oh I love pictures, keep um coming.;)Kinda off topic, but does the US have a rabbit agility club? I've seen some youtube videos of agility in other countries. It looks like a lot of fun!

momof2buns wrote:
Went to PetSmart today to look at bunny stuff! I came home with a 'comfort pet harness' for rabbits. Abby had to get used to it at first but now she runs everywhere outside with us!! She loves the semi-freedom!:biggrin2:

Anyone else use one?

477378433_XZDTB-S.jpg

477378412_x6xRK-S.jpg

Couple more pics of her thatI am fixing to go upload tomy RO blog...:apollo:
this looks just like mine!!Summer loves hers

I'm pretty sure the US does. PM the BSAR or BlueSkyAcersRabbitry. They do Rabbit Agility and some videos on YouTube

momof2buns wrote:
Neat! Oh I love pictures, keep um coming.;)Kinda off topic, but does the US have a rabbit agility club? I've seen some youtube videos of agility in other countries. It looks like a lot of fun!

There is indeed a club in the US. It was first known at the RHOA - Rabbit Hopping Club of America...it's not as big as you'd think it'd be (i thought it was huge...) all it has is a yahoo page and the founder doesn't really do rabbit hopping that much anymore...at least from what I conjure, as she was selling all her rabbit jumps.

I'll look up the url for you in a few ;)

Emily

NorthernAutumn wrote:
^^^ Maybe you guys can give her some training tips? I thought you guys had a how-to thread on this somewhere (August, september?) that was really informative...

Yah :)

I'll have to find that thread ;)

I went to PetCo today and was looking for regular H-style harneses, but all I could find were yoke-style. I checked in the dog, small animal and cat sections!...I'm getting so frustrated that I can't find any! :( PetSmart has some H-style,but I have no clue where the closest one is.

Hayley, where did you get the harneses for your rabbits?

Well Sherbert's is from Fredmeyer about $6.00.

Twilah's is a toy dog harness from Target and was $4.99, it is not the "H" style.

Kim uses H style Ferret harness's from petco, I wouldn't have thought they would fit the rabbits but they fit her Hollands and Spaz her Harli Dutch buck. So they should be big enough to fit magic, although they are a more expensive. Here is the link:

http://www.petco.com/product/11076/PETCO-Deluxe-Ferret-Harness-and-Lead-Set.aspx

Good luck finding a harness for Magic.

Oh and I was wonderingare yougoing to the rabbit show in Yelm on March 7th, I am along with Kim, Amanda, and Helaine from the Agility club. Maybe I'll se you there.

~Hayley

Hayley, I am going to that show! I am going to have to meet up with you! I'll bring Magic along, even though I'm not showing him. :) Yayy, now I'm excited, lol.

Thanks for the link :) I guess I should of looked at the Ferret Harneses, today, lol. Oh well, I can look this weekend.

Ooh, I never thought of checking at Fred Meyers....

Emily

Here's a picture of Magic in his rope, figure 8 harness:
OctBlast009.jpg

I have a couple of those; also a crappy dog harness that I don't use for Magic, sometimes I put it on Sippi, and I also have a vest harness.

Emily

eyorre loves his blue one. my dog is tied up and barks, he hops past and looks at him!!!!! its so funny.
caramel... does not like open spaces like the garden... but is good at rabbit hopping jumps. well bricks and some wood

Latest posts

Back