Hare Bear, My Favorite

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GinChinSing

Reaction score
I've had my rabbits for several weeks now and I have to say, I have a favorite. It's not that the other two are terrible bunnies, it's just that Hare is so sweet. I can't believe that no one wanted this sweet bunny just because of her ruby eyes.

Tonight, I clipped everyone's nails. Jumper was a royal pain because he hates being on his back and I can't trance him. Little Bun thinks I'm going to poke and prod her (not a him I think) as I did with the abscess and doesn't like to be held too much anymore. Hare, on the other hand, lays on her back and doesn't struggle. She even spreads her toes when I touch them so I can get the clippers on the nails better.

I have to get into the rabbit cages in order to put the clean towels down and Hare just loves to bug me while I try to put the cage back together. Tonight she decided it was a great idea to play hopscotch on my backside. :shock: Then she decided that while I was on my hands and knees trying to straighten out the ends of one of the towels that my t-shirt was a great place to hide in. All those whiskers tickle when they are on your belly! She then decided that I needed a hat and jumped right on top of my head to keep it warm. Of course, this was before I clipped those sharp claws of here. :biggrin2:

I never knew a bunny would go through so much to make her human laugh. What do your buns do to get you to giggle or rofl?

Omg thatbis hysterical. Hare sounds like quite the character! Reminds me of Agnes. Agnes jumps on my back ALL the time like that too. If I'm on all fours cleaning her cage or scrubbing the floor....hop, plop..right on my back!

A few days ago she jumped in the toilet. Had me cracking up because she just sat there. No fear. No scampering. Just sat :)

She also makes me laugh because she is so nosy. If any new object is placed with in her reach, it must have her inspection. If I get on her level with the camera to take a picture, she is in my face smelling it. She cracks me up!

Whoever said rabbits were boring??? :)

Qtip turns the printer on and off. She also steals socks if you leave them out on the floor. She'll grab them and run off with them and stick them in her cardboard box.

At night, I've woken up to a rabbit on my pillow *staring* at me. Strangest thing to wake up to!

They're quite amusing little creatures. Glad Hare is such a character!

She also steals socks if you leave them out on the floor. She'll grab them and run off with them and stick them in her cardboard box

^^that one made me laugh. Maybe she's part ferret ;)

I hate to say it, but I like my rabbits more than I like my previous guinea pigs (except for my first one Freddie). I honestly can't wait until the rabbits realize the cage across the room is full of turtles, or when they discover the fish tank.

Hare has discovered she is big enough to jump out of the cage, which is 28" high.

I love buns with personality! I work at a pet shop that only sells supplies but my boss said I could bring Phoenix to work with me. When I bring her in, she lays right by the door and when people walk in she follows them around the store lol. Also when I am cleaning some of the shelves she will scratch at my shirt or nip at my clothes to get some attention.

Only thing is that she is deathly terrified of dogs which makes me think that her previous home had a dog that tormented her or perhaps just when she was a stray she came across some not so nice dogs. As soon as she sees one in the window she runs full force to the back. Even my mothers 13 year old bichon scares her. We took him out because he is harmless, he was 5 feet away from her and paid no attention but she freaked out and started running so we had to put him back into his play pen.

Oh buns.

Awww! That is the cutest and saddest thing I've heard! I'm glad you work in a place where you can bring your bun though. I bet she enjoys it when it's dog-free.

Yeah it's kind of nice to bring her to work, sometimes stressful though especially when young kids come in and want to pick her up. :/

They are definitely characters though! :)

Latest posts

Back