hard droppings

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2bunnies

Reaction score
My very large female has a large ball of poop stuck halfway out, it won't move. What do I do, I want to help her.:?

I would try applying a warm washrag to the areaand gently trying to untangle it from the hair. If that doesn't do ityou can lower the buns rear end into some lukewarm water and then maybeit will become un-stuck. If you do have to resort to soaking her inwater make sure you dry her real well so she doesn't catch cold.

Fergi's mom

I'm with Fergi. Usually a warm rag will uncakethe poop. I also after finding a bun like that the first time...willcut some of the fur away from that area so that poop doesnt get stuckas easily the next time.

Is the poop stuck in the fur, or is it stuck in the rectum? Either waywarm water and some *gentle* persuasion with a warm rag should help.

Lanna

Still pretty much the only thing you could do is try to moisten it and massage it out.

Fergi's mom

p.s. If it is really stuck in there and you can't loosen it or get it to pass you would need to go to a vet soon I would think.

Latest posts

Back