Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Thanksgiving - I am of Canadian heritage on my dad's side (family was from Iberville)... he introduced me to pork pies at the holidays as well as a to-die-for roast turkey...I love when he visits as he is also a chef.

Enjoy!!!

Denise

Mrs. PBJ wrote:
Happy thanksgiving why is it so much earlier?

Thank-you!

Canada had selected Thanksgiving to be held every second Monday of October, while the US preferred to hold theirs on the fourth Thursday in November. It is a time to be thankful.

This is a good time, as the harvest is finished, and before the cold sets in. And it is not so close to Christmas.

BesidesI don't mind turkey on both days of the year. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving! :bunnydance:

Thanksgiving for me was kind of lame this year.I had Sushi, does that count? My dad decided to go hunting so we didn't get to have thanksgiving dinner yet(maybe on Wednesday when he gets back). So I went out to dinner with a friend instead :)

I think today I need to find some pumpkin pie and make some stuffing. Atleast make it a little thanksgivingy even though we aren't making a turkey yet.

Thanks for the greeting my American Friends.

I had my Thanksgiving meal yesterday. Far too much food. Roast Turkey of course, mashed potatoes, mashed carrots & tunips (YUM YUM), home made meat stuffing, home made gravy, home made brushetta and of course ad chocolate yummy desert. I'm still full from eating too much.

I have lots left for my lunches plus I sent my niece home with a ton of food.

Susan:Canada small:
rabbit_eating_carrot_md_clr.gif
ani043.gif
hase188.gif

degrassi wrote:
I had Sushi, does that count?

Actually we were out for supper at the Beijing Beijing Restauranton Friday night with the family and had ...

15pl4iw.jpg

2wnd535.jpg

Then we went out for supper to the China Urban Restaurant for an inlaws birthday on Saturday nightand had ...

10nz40h.jpg

So today we will stay home and have leftovers. :p

Everything sounds and LOOKS delicious! Because my hubby is American, we do turkey in November when some of his family comes to visit.

We had garlic/thyme pork roast, homemade gravy, homemade stuffing, mashed potatoes, cherry tarts, pumpkin pie, cookies.... sweet potatoes. And all the kids (critters) got pumpkin - and I mean all, bunnies, goats, horses, sheep, birds, everyone! And anyone that couldn't got another special treat :) We had fun.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone :)

Holy Mackeral! I'm finally back here after 4... count it, 4! parties this Thanksgiving!

- Two lady baby showers/50th birthday of bf's uncle (cowboy theme birthday.. plenty of beans :D)
- one Thanksgiving dinner with his family (turkey, stuffing turnips, peas, carrot, buns, pumpkin/apple pies, cheesecake)
- one Thanksgiving dinner with mine (duck with black currant-orange sauce, crab, rutabega, potatoes, carrot cake, etc.)
- One Thanksgiving dinner (just tonight) with my great aunt & family (turkey dinner again!)

4 big meals in 4 days. I swear I'm 10 pounds heavier :p Gonna have to get out my elastic waistband pants LOL! (or do situps :p)

Happy Thanksgiving, fellow Canucks!:Canada small:

(Wanna send some leftovers this way, Stan?)

Back