Happy International Rabbit Day

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyRabbits

Reaction score
I had not heard of "International Rabbit Day" until it appeared in the 2008 Rabbit Rescue calendar that my sister so thoughtfully bought me last Christmas. So I researched it a little bit on the 'Net.

International Rabbit Day began in the UK, as a commemorative day to enhance educational efforts by British rabbit rescue and welfare organizations. It apparently then spread rapidly throughout the English-speaking world. It is always the fourth Saturday or Sunday of September.

I ask you to do something special in honor of this day. There is a great need for greater public awareness of this most wonderful animal so that people who aren't really ready to take on the necessary responsibility will not make impulse purchases of rabbits and then start believing later that they need to divest themselves in any possible way of the poor vulnerable and dependent critters.

Our kids got carrot treats which they haven't had in a while, and I am contemplating making a donation to HRS in memory of the Flemish Giant buck we lost untimely in December 2007. . . .

Latest posts

Back