Hannah's Bunny Story

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoLittleBuns

Reaction score
I started off with a little mini rex named Bun Bun. Then I got a Holland Lop named Derby and they were immediatelybest friends. They loved to be with eachother and it was hard to get them apart. I loved them both dearly and enjoyed playing and taking care of them. Here are their pictures...

Exploring005.jpg
(Derby)

Babi002-1.jpg
(Bun Bun)

After I had them for about a month, I had to move. I moved out to the country and they continued to live indoors in cages. My mom had recently gotten a dog, and he had never shown any signs of aggresiveness towards my bunnies. My other dog was just fine with the bunnies, they got along great. They even slept together sometimes while I had them out to play. So I figured, if I kept the new dog away from them, nothing would happen...

bunnagain015.jpg
(Tank & Bun Bun)

Derbyy002.jpg
(Me & Derby)

I kept my bunnies in cages on the floor near the stairs. The cages were store boughten and had two latches. One of the front, and one on the top. Often, I would open up the cages front latches and let the bunnies wonder around the house. But when I was gone, I would latch both the latches and make sure they were both in their cages. But on this particular day I was ina hurry and after feeding them, I forgot to securely latch the top latch. I got a call from my Grandma while I was at work. She had to give me the bad news....

Derbyy011-1.jpg
(Bun Bun & Derby)

Exploring003.jpg
(Bun Bun & Derby)

Apprently my mom's new dog had flipped the cages over and the top latch came undone. We are not sure exactly what happened because no one was home, but both my bunnies did not make it. They had passed before my mom had gotten home and she found them. I had to go out and burry them in the backyard, I made a little wooden cross and put it on their grave. I burried them together because I knew they were best friends. RIP Bun Bun and Derby; Love you guys forever.

Since then, I have gotten two bunnies. I have a lion head named Blizz and a Mini Lop named Bentley. I keep their cages in a room with the door shut at all times when they are not being supervised. I don't want to have any more accidents so I am doing all I can to keep them safe. They are getting along great with eachother. I love them both and they both have great personalities. I am getting ready to show Bentley at our county fair, so hopefully he does well!

bunnies002.jpg
(Bentley)

bunnies005.jpg
(Blizz)

I will take more pictures of Blizz and Bentley and keep everybody updated on how they are doing. They are settling in fine and should be great bunnies. Thank you for reading my story!

I am so sorry to hear about Bun Bun and Derby.

Blizz and Bentley are adorable. I can't wait to see more pictures.

Here are a few more pictures of Bentley and Blizz. They are doing great. Bentley is getting bigger and he is very friendly. I watched a movie with him last night, he slept on my lap the whole time. Blizz is doing well too, he is the curious one. He likes to check everything out and isn't scared of anything. Bentley and Blizz like to chase eachother around the house. One time Blizz will chase, then Bentley will chace, it's pretty fun to watch. They both also love to be outside, I try to get them out atleast once a day. They hop around and play in the grass, it's adorable!

Bently005.jpg
(Bentley)

Buns001.jpg
(The buns & me)

HB21.jpg
(Bentley & Blizz)

hbvn.jpg
(The buns & me)

Bentley is now 4 months old. He is getting bigger and filling out nicely. I love his personality, he is so friendly and curious. He used to be shy and laid back but now he is exploring more and getting into everything.

neww001.jpg
(bentley)

camera001.jpg
(bentley)

Blizz is doing fine also. I have been calling him Herman, I think it might be his new name. I think Herman is more fitting, because he reminds me of an old man. But he is also getting bigger. He is so fast too! He loves to run around the living room with Bentley. I'm glad they get along so well.

camera002.jpg
(herman)

I am so very sorry to hear about your first two bunnies...how devestating

Bentley and Blizz are just the most cutest bunnies...absolutely gorgeous.

If you've read the first thing on my blog, you will read about Bun and Derby. The dog that attacked them no longer lives here. I have an American Bulldog named Tank, and he is not the same dog. My dog is a huge baby and loves everyone and everything. He got along fine with Bun and Derby, and it was no suprise that he befriended both my new bunnies. So here are some pictures of Tank with the new buns.

Herman005.jpg
(blizz & tank)

bah012.jpg
(bentley & tank)

bunnagain012.jpg
(bun bun & tank)

Herman003.jpg
(blizz & tank)

bah009.jpg
(bentley & tank)

So Bentley is going to the county fair in a few weeks. He is looking good, I just brushed out his fur and washed his feet. Yesturday I took him outside and he was just having the time of his life. He was chasing our outside cat around the lawn, it was too cute! My five year old sister came up to see him the same day, and he sat right in her lap and was very good with her. He let her pet him and touch his ears/feet/tail whatever. He is so sweet!

Hannahsstuff020.jpg
(bentley)

Hannahsstuff013.jpg
(bentley)

Blizz aka Herman is doing great also. I took some wonderful pictures of him last week. He is very photogenic. He just stands wherever I put him and looks gorgeous! I was just looking at some pictures of him when I frist got him, and he has really grown. I noticed that the hair on his ears/head has really started to fill in. He looks healthy and handsome!

Hannahsstuff002.jpg
(blizz)

Hannahsstuff035.jpg
(blizz)

My little sister is in love with my buns. She comes to see them almost every day. Bentley is her favorite and she constantly wants to hold him and give him treats. I am so happy that both of my buns are good with her. They let her hold them and have a lot of patiencewith her.

NewPics006.jpg
(My sister & Bentley)

NewPics009.jpg
(My sister & Bentley)

When shes not holding them, she will lay by their cages and "babysit them". It's the cutest thing! She is only five so she doesn't understand that they don't need to be watched constantly. My parents are thinking about getting her a bunny because she helps with mine so much and she obviously adores them.

NewPics004.jpg
(My sister "babysitting")

NewPics005.jpg
(My sister again)

NewPics008.jpg
(My sister helping)

I think it's cute how your little sister babysit the buns. I may need to hire her to be our rabbit sitter. At least I know they'll definitely get attention!:biggrin2:

Love the outdoor pictures of Bentley and Blizz especially by the red flower.

Today I decided to put Herman (aka blizz) in the outside hutch for the first time. I put food, water and all that good stuff in there and made sure he was comfortable. So far he seems to be doing fine. The hutch is very sturdy and he is a tough little trooper so I'm sure everything will be okay. I will be watching him for the next few days to make sure it will work out.

Buns2002.jpg
(herman)

Buns2004-1.jpg
(herman)

Buns2014.jpg
(the outside hutch)

Buns2001.jpg
(bentley)

PS- Blizz (the lionhead)has a new name. His name is now Herman! Herman just kind of stuck and now that's all we call him. :)

bentley is SOOO pretty

and your dog is gorgeous!

and Herman seems to fit your lionhead better too :)

The buns are doing fine. Herman is enjoying being outside and Bentley is soon-to-be outside. We are making the bunny hutch a two-bunny hutch. We are splitting the hutch down the middle so Herman and Bentley can both be in there. I don't want them to be together just incase they would get into a fight or something bad like that. So that should be done sometime soon, I will get pictures of it up.

Tortuga001.jpg
(Bentley)

Tortuga003.jpg
(Herman outside)

Tortuga004.jpg
(Herman outside)

Other news: We are getting a horse. We are cleaning up the pasture next to the house and going to build a small stable. I will put a few pictures up and keep that updated. So far, we have gotten the giant tree out of the way and are making progress. :)

ProjectHorse030.jpg
(Front entrance to pasture)

ProjectHorse007.jpg
(Pasture)

Latest posts

Back