Hannah's Bunny Story

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a fenced in area outside so the buns can play. I just had them both out there to check it out. Here are some pictures..

NewPlayArea014.jpg
(herman)

NewPlayArea038.jpg
(bentley)

NewPlayArea030.jpg
(bentley)

NewPlayArea010.jpg
(herman)

Herman is getting huge! I bought him from a farm store so not 100% sureon his breed (they said lion-head). I was just looking at his baby pictures and now, and he has really gotten big. He is bigger than Bentley now.Plus, the hair on the top of his head has gotten super long! Now he's got this long fluffy hair and is soooo cute. Whatever breed he is I think he'sgreat and wouldn't trade him for anything!:biggrin2:

I just realized I never made a little bio about my buns! So here is some info about them. :biggrin2:

[align=left] Bentley[/align]
Breed: Mini LopAge: 6monthsNicknames:Bents, Baby, Sweets

Herman

Breed: Lion head Age: Around 7 months Nicknames: Herm, Fuzz, Bubba

Likes: Grass, hiding, water bottles Dislikes:Being held, dogs

It's storming pretty bad here and we just got under a tornado watch. So I went outside and grabbed Herman from the hutch so he could be in the basement incase of a tornado.

Bentley's cage is in the basement anyways,so I just stuck Herman in the little play area cage near Bentley. I gave Herman everything he needed (food, water, all that stuff) and shut the door to the room and went upstairs. I came back downnot even fifteen minutes later and....

The litter box was tipped over, the food was all over the floor, he knocked the water bottle off the side, he chewed the carpet, pooped everywhere, and had escaped the cage entirely. =/ I have no idea how he managed to do all this and when I went in there he looked at me and then ran and hid. So much for trying to be nice and protect him from the weather. :biggrin2:

Haven't been on in awhile. I've been busy with the new horse and work.Bentley goes to the County Fair on Sunday. We just clipped his nails and brushed out his coat. Hopefully he doesokay in the heat. :lookaround

Bentley004.jpg
(bentley)

Bentley got a blue ribbon at the fair this morning. I am soo proud of him! :biggrin:

Showingbent.jpg
(Bentley with the judge)

Waitingtoshow.jpg
(waiting for the judge)

HoldingBent.jpg
(carrying Bentley to the boxes)

So Bentley comes home on Friday and I bet he can't wait. Today when I went to feed him, he was soooo hot. I put a frozen bottle of water in his cage but I don't know how long that lasted. The fans help but not much, I think all the rabbits were pretty hot.

I haven't posted anything about Herman lately so here is a new picture. He is doing fine, he lives outside in the hutch and I go see him every morning while I feed the horse. He still doesn't like to be held, but he does like his ears to be petted/played with. I brought him inside the other day because the heat index was like 110 degrees and he sat on my chest while I watched a movie. He is a sweetie when he wants to be!

Herm009.jpg
(herm)

Mag.jpg
(magic)

Heres a picture of my horse, Magic. Haven't posted one yet so figured I might as well.

So...I haven't been on here in a pretty long time. I've been super busy and a lot has been going on. I gave Herman to my little sister, so she has him now. And I've decided to show Bentley in the county fair again this Summer. As far as Magic (my horse) I don't have her anymore. I moved, so she is living with a friend in Brighton. Planning on putting Poke (older horse I got after Magic) out at my riding instructors place this spring.
Don't get me wrong, I still spend plenty of time with Bentley, but the horses were really time consuming and still are!
But as far as Bentley, he is doing fine. I've been letting him stay out of the cage for extended periods of time while I am just hanging out. He uses the litter box and knows now to not chew the cords and the carpet. Thinking about buying an outdoor hutch and getting another mini lop.

Sooo....Herman was given to a friend of ours, he just wasn't friendly enough for my little sister. He bit and didn't like to be held, so he's with one of my friend's. Plus he was a pretty big boy, and he was used to being outside in a huge hut. My sister was keeping him inside in a smaller cage, so I don't think he was too happy.

Bentley is doing great. I let him out everytime I'm home and he just hops around and follows me. He gets along with my cat, sometimes they play with eachother. One time Bentley will chase and the other time the cat will chase. It's cute. I even caught them snuggling the other night.

My little sister did get a smaller bunny. A little tiny Netherland dwarf. She is doing good with it. I don't think she has a set name yet, she calls it something different every day. But I'm sure she will pick a fitting name. It's a little black bunny and it's super friendly. It will sit right on her pillow at night and watch TV with my sister. It's great, my little sister loves that little bun!

I am going to show Bentley at the county fair again (my last year) and I'm also going to show my sister's bunny. She's not old enough to show it so I'm doing it for her. Eventually, I'm hoping she will want to show rabbits. I don't have any new pictures of the buns, but should have some soon.

Latest posts

Back