Hamster rescue...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have a clear photo, but look! Her fur has come back 100% in a week! Isn't that crazy! Shows you what good care you can do ;)
Photo0410.jpg

nermal71 wrote:
Horsey_Gal wrote:
Aw, poor little guy!! Hammys are awesome! I hate it when I see certain people (Who I'm not going to mention) abuse their hamster. And they wonder why he bites! I'm done with hamsters now, my last one died earlier this year, due to old age. How tall is the bin? My hamsters could jump out of their cages (we used reptile cages) and they were over a foot tall. I was always so traumatized when I woke up and there wasn't a hamster in the cage.
My son had a hamster...he named him Houdini...reason being that silly little thing could escape ANY cage. And we have cats. I woke up one morning to glance up and seeing walking along the top of my bedroom curtails.....he was a cutie though.
Hehe, sounds like our hamsters :) We finally learned to put a book on top of his cages lid so that he couldn't push himself through. It's always so funny when you find a hamster walking around on something over five feet tall, and wonder how the little bugger got up there. :)

Houdini used to eat holes in his. My son had probably 200 dollars worth of hamster house....it had 3 buildings, a space ship, tubes, hidey spots etc. Houdini would be fine for awhile and suddenly i'd find half of a door chewed off. Now granted NONE of his chew toys were touched. So we'd block him out of that section....order a new door....and do it all over again. I got so I would order two or three of each door when I did. He was a lovebug though. Just wanted more and more space.

I wish I could use a bin for my gerbils, but the cats would eat them. I have two boys in a 20 gal aquarium with a mesh top that locks. I also have a little fenced play area that I will lock the cats out of the room and let the boys play. They seem pretty happy and healthy. Barnum is a runner, loves his wheel and digging in new boxes. Baily is all about the food. I make them search rather than putting it all in a dish or Baily would eat everything while Barnum was still sleeping. :)

Glad to see your little one getting healthier and can finally be happy! :)

Latest posts

Back