Hammocks?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuellaJean

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has or has tried hammocks for your bunnies? I'd like to try one for my 2 dwarfs but I don't know if it's worth it. (I plan on making it myself) I have seen people cautioning against them because they could chew through the straps and fall or otherwise injure themselves and I plan on reinforcing it to prevent that.

I appreciate your feedback!

Luella

I made my bun his own hammock and hung it up fairly low to prevent any accidents of that sort from happening.. he absolutely loved it.

I had one way back for Buttercup, hanging very low to the ground. He chewed it so it broke. These hammocks can be extremely dangerous for bunnies. If they try to get out of it and can't and panic they could really hurt themselves.

To me it's not worth it. I gave all of mine blankets and pillows that i made for them, they love them and all of them use them.

Susan:)

Susan, I'm so afraid they'll do something silly in a hammock so I think I'll go with the pillows and blankets. Pillows and blankets are easier to make anyway! Do you use fleece for yours?

I also wanted to add that my hammock was made completely of fleece and stretched tight, essentially like another (very low) ledge. Of course he stretched it out and it eventually was just sitting on the ground. lol xD The really slouchy ones is where you will get into trouble, and it probably is just easier to make a cute knot blanket.

Hi Luella,

I use fleece and flannel. Some are fleece on both sides and some flannel one side fleece the other. I also make them u shape pillow, Buttercup loves them.

DSC00906.jpg

Have fun making pillows for your babies.

Susan, that u-shaped pillow is a really great idea! I think my bunny would love that, she's always resting her chin on blanket lumps. Do you have more details on how you made it? Also, adorable picture :)

Susan I made my bunnikins a horseshoe pillow, a little odd shaped pillow from the scraps of the horseshoe pillow, a tie blanket with scraps inside and I braided 3 strips to make a little toy for them too. Yay! We'll see if they like 'em!
101_0590.jpg

Luella they are adorable. You did a very good job.

Have they used them yet? Buttercup loves his little pillows to.

GREAT JOB.

Back