Hair on her neck...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheenisowner

Reaction score
So I noticed a bit of pink skin being more visible on cheenis neck (on her back)...and my first thought was maybe when I was grooming her I pulled too much fur out because I had gotten a lot of fur into my comb that day. Is this normal? She doesn't seem to itch any more than she grooms herself every day and I don't see any signs of bugs or anything. Should I take her in for a check up just in case? Other then that she seems content with eating, pooing, peeing, drinking etc.

It isn't overly noticeable but I noticed if after I groomed her last week.
This is what it looks like, not sure if you can see it properly. I am pulling the fur apart a little bit.

IMG_3815.jpg

IMG_3816.jpg

My guess is, unless she's itching it a lot, or you notice irritation- she's totally fine. That same spot on my bun is where he has the least amount of fur and I can see more skin there than anywhere else on him.

Yeahh I just took a closer look..I don't see any bug/mites and the skin isn't scratched or irritated...I'll monitor it for some time and if I see anything unusual I'll just take her to the vet...she's due for a general check up soon anyway.

Matthias' hair does the same thing on his neck. His mane is wicked long around his face and it naturally parts and lays that way.

Matth.jpg

The picture doesn't show the extent of it, you can see about as much skin as Cheeni has showing.

Rabbit bed head?

Definitely Samara...it probably looks more prominent on her due to the contrast of pink skin reflecting through the white. This makes me a feel a bit better knowing it isn't uncommon for them in that area...phew...Matthias' fur looks so velvety:pinkelepht:

Latest posts

Back