Hair loss

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Callaway

Reaction score
Hey RO. I noticed the other day that Callaway (indoor male holland lop) has lost all of the hair on his upper chest (his neck I guess). He has hair on his chin but where his head sits on his chest, the hair is gone. I hope that makes sense. He is not one to be held so I can't take a picture.

He had a flea treatment a few months ago but the hair on the back of his neck where I applied the meds (kitten Advantage) is all there. So I don't think it's that.

He has a water dish which is a Pyrex dish. He normally sits in his litter box and reaches down to drink. Could that have rubbed all the hair off? I don't know why he reaches down from his litterbox. He never did. He just randomly started about a month ago.

I think it's callaway's latest plot to make me feel like a bad bunny parent. 😒

It sounds possible, I don't know what else could have caused hair loss in just one specific spot. Try propping the water bowl up with something so he doesn't have to rub his neck reaching down to drink?

These are the best I can do. I tried to upload the video but I can't figure it out. So here are the best screen shots I can get.

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1396101809.356667.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1396102038.947639.jpg

I can try propping it up but he sometimes drinks from his bowl normal so he'd be rubbing the sides of the bowl anyways. But it's worth a shot. Maybe he'll make a decision and choose how to drink!

Thanks for your response!

It could be from rubbing, but something to keep in mind is possible skin problems, like mites, fungal, bacterial, especially if you are seeing any flaking, or skin irritation.

Latest posts

Back