Guys with pet rabbits..,

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my "little" 14 y.o. brother snuggling with Peanut; he adores the bunnies!

PeanutandStephen.jpg

On occasion, I've walked into my room to see my dad intently watchingthe rabbits, then saying how "cute" or "sweet" they are when they groomeach other. He comments on how great is is having two now, and loves towatch them binky. He's much more of a cat guy (just mushes over ourkittens), but he's warmed up a lot to the rabbits.

Not that he'd ever admit that ;)

Men...You gotta love em! Sebastianhasrecently fallen head over heels for my husband. He goescrazy when he hears him coming and chews on the wire of his cage andbounces of the walls until Daddy lets him out to play. Thetwoof them are quite cute together. Keeping in mind that myhusband looks a lot like the rugged old Marlboro man....and he was theguy who didn't want anyone to see him at the soccer game with "a damnrabbit in his lap!" Of course, next time I looked over therehe was shielding Sebastian from the cold and they looked pretty contentto me!

Raspberry

axf2v

My brother (who will be 20thisApril)likes my rabbits but I hate him near themfor undisclosed reasons. My dad also has a soft spot for the bunnies,but I love them a lot more than anyone else but that's ok.

I had Lenci about a year before ever meetingJason. Jason had no pets at the time. When I firsttold him I had a housebunny, he thought it was a little weird butcool. Well, Lenci moved into his apartment before I did andimmediately he fell in love with her. Jason is 27 years oldand he loves and spoils Lenci and Iszy just as much as I do.I think it's really cute. I guess I never thought he'ddevelop that bond, but he did. Iszy and Lenci are ourbabies. :)

lencijason.jpg

JimD here.

47 years young.

5 bunnies.

Love them all and not afraid to say so.

Oh ya! I forgot about my brother-in-law! Justyesterday I pulled Spice out of his cage in the garage while mybrother-in-law was charging his car battery and he came over to petSpice. I thought it was funny, lol, he always bugs me that he's justright to eat! :XBut I can see he has a soft spot for thosefurballs. ;)

mambo101 wrote:
Maybe it's just my imagination, but it seems that Buck Jonesand myself (aged 48)are the only older(sorry Buck) gentlemenon this board. I must admit that none of my guy buddies have petrabbits, and some of them mock me because they think it's just a kidshobby. I think I'm crying out for some positivereinforcement.:shock:;)
I have to tell you I totally adore whenmen love animals, and when a man loves an animal thats not "manly" allthe more the better, because it seems to mean he doesn't have to provehimself, he is succure in who he is and I think that is very appealingto a woman. I just wish my hubby could admit his animal lovea little more...he was mushy over the first bun he met and lived with,he loved him, but he was extreamly broken hearted when he died, and hasnever been the same since.. but i know he's proud of the buns, becausehe constantly tells people he meets to "have a look at my wife's rabbitweb pages" and he tells pratically everyone we meet about myrabbits. I ran into a woman the other day who says to me "your husbandhas told me all about the rabbits, we'd love to see them some time" shewill be one our new neighbors once we move.... So while he doesn't muchover them like he once Did Chloe, he does show he's proud of them inhis own way... He got a puppy last year and he mushes over himterrible...the photos and everything lol...Maybe he'll find a bun againsomeday he will love to mush over again... Any tips on how to get a guyto show more his animal mushy side???LOL I have strict orders not toshow the pictures of him with bunnies :?Carolyn has seen afew though LOL shhhhhh don't tell

My husband loves our bunny and all of the forum bunnies. He is even more of a softie when I show him bunny pics than I am.
Most of our guy friends have to make a joke that we have to eat thebunny, my husband is the only one who is completely different to allanimals and never says jokes like that. Older men don't make jokes likethat about bunnies, so I assume people get wiser with age.

P.S. None of my girl friends make jokes about eating the bunny.

My husband came into the kitchen last night witha silly grin saying "I love having rabbits." I asked what they did,thinking an especially cute binky or something.

They were eating.

Gotta love a man who loves rabbit, when the mere sight of them eating makes him smile.

I have to admit, I wouldn't have married a man who didn't have a loveof animals as I do. There is no way I can go through this life withoutpets!

AnnaS wrote:
Myhusband loves our bunny and all of the forum bunnies. He is even moreof a softie when I show him bunny pics than I am.
Most of our guy friends have to make a joke that we have to eat thebunny, my husband is the only one who is completely different to allanimals and never says jokes like that. Older men don't make jokes likethat about bunnies, so I assume people get wiser with age.

P.S. None of my girl friends make jokes about eating thebunny.
older men don't make jokes like that? are we talking deadolder men? because i've met them in all ages and sizes who joke likethat....

Gabby wrote:
AnnaS wrote:
My husband loves ourbunny and all of the forum bunnies. He is even more of a softie when Ishow him bunny pics than I am.

P.S. None of my girl friends make jokes about eating thebunny.
older men don't make jokes like that? are we talking deadolder men? because i've met them in all ages and sizes who joke likethat....

Yeah? I was lucky I guess. But I think every young guy made a joke like that, and they all think they are original too.

Stephanie wrote:
My husband came into the kitchen last night with a silly grinsaying "I love having rabbits." I asked what they did, thinking anespecially cute binky or something.

They were eating.

Gotta love a man who loves rabbit, when the mere sight of them eating makes him smile.

I have to admit, I wouldn't have married a man who didn't have a loveof animals as I do. There is no way I can go through this life withoutpets!

I agree completely, I love that my husband loves animals.

AnnaS wrote:
Yeah? I was lucky I guess. But I think every young guy made a joke like that, and they all think they are original too.
i told one one day after being asked for the millionth time, "so when are you cooking rabbit stew?"

I said "gee so original, i've never heard that one before in my life!"

and THEY were offended.. go figure

When we are gone for more than a day, I don'tknow who's worse when it comes to worrying about the bunnies...myhusband or me. :) He absolutely adores them and isvery protective of them when guests come over. It's reallysweet.

Latest posts

Back