Guys with pet rabbits..,

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mambo101

Reaction score
Maybe it's just my imagination, but it seems thatBuck Jones and myself (aged 48)are the only older(sorry Buck)gentlemen on this board. I must admit that none of my guy buddies havepet rabbits, and some of them mock me because they think it's just akids hobby. I think I'm crying out for some positivereinforcement.:shock:;)

I think it's great that men, especially older,are interested in rabbits! It's not just a kids hobbyandtheir great pets.

My boyfriend loves our bunny Peppy :) Don't worry, you're not the only ones who like buns!

Well, I am 41 but I am a woman LOL!

I didn't know you were a guy tho! :X It's hard to tell without someone saying something unless you have a girl name!

And.... to those who think it's a kids' hobby.... too bad. Ithink it's wonderful that you have a soft spot for furry babies!

You tell me, Mambo101.

You're in a world where women seem to be in the majority, yet we all enjoy, respect, and appreciate you.

Buck Jones said to me once - something along the lines of - if he wasyounger, he'd be wiser, and put his love of rabbits out there.

;)

I think The Man is onto something.

:dude:

-Carolyn

Men can be just as much as a bunny fiend aswomen! they just are a little more shy ;) Or they dont searchout forums like this as often. My Shawn adores Guinevere, andcuddles with her almost more then I do!

Of cours.e.. he isnt as obsessed as I am ::laughs::

guys and bunnies do seem to be in the minority..at least vocally.. however my husband absolutly LOVES our bunnies andalways wants to buy more! :) not that i would mind.. but he'd go buy alitter if i'd let him! :shock:

JimD is another guy who regularly posts here,too, as well as Edwin8936. I guess most guys find rabbits tobe too gentle a pet and would prefer some big old pit bull/retrieverdoberman/ mastiff/dane that is "appropriate" for a "man's man,"eh? Rabbit history is respite with innumerable men who wereresponsible for the development of most our current breeds today.

I'm comfortable enough with my own masculinity that I don't need thevisual or psychological reinforcement presentedby a bigdog. Even when we owned dogs, they were miniatureDachshunds. LOL

To be honest though, Ionly harbored the idea of a rabbit as apet but once, when I saw one at a flea market who calmly posed loose onhis master's table. I quickly deep-sixed the idea because wehad the dogs.

Years later our daughter "dumped" a rabbit on us and here we are 10rabbits later! The owner of that rabbit at the flea marketthose many years ago still reminisces with me over his rabbit wheneverI bring one of my rabbits in the "Buck Pack" to his currentflea market location.

I find that althougha "Buck Packed" rabbitattractsa majority of women, a considerable numberof men will smile and recall the rabbits of their youth a long timeago. They will often drag their womenfolk back, "tosee the rabbit in the pack."

Keep the faith, Mambo101 and JimmyD!

Buck

I find that althougha "BuckPacked" rabbit attractsa majority of women, aconsiderable number of men will smile and recall the rabbits of theiryouth a long time ago. They will often drag their womenfolkback, "to see the rabbit in the pack."
Ah, so use the rabbits as a chick magnet....I never thought of that;)

Oh, geez, Mambo! I can't walk 20 feetat a major flea market without be "accosted," in a nice sort ofway. The Missus loses patience with me stopping and"explaining" everything.

There is no doubt that such conversations could be easily segued intoother more productive areas for the single man. And, I mustadd, the women are of all ages, so don't think age 48 would be adamper. I, myself,while not having surpassed the"four score and seven years ago," certainlymust own up tothree scoreand two.

Do bring your bun about if you're interested in meeting women who havean interest in something other than themselves. Ya gotta lovea woman who can love a rabbit, eh?

Buck

When we got Bo and were carrying him in his cageout to the van (this was at our fair) I can't tell you how many mencame up to me asking what kind and where I got him, etc.Women and children too, but the men really made me smile :)

Ya know, I knew NOTHING about bunnies at that point. It's amiracle little Bo survived. We stopped and ate fries on ourway out, he was in that cage for about 2 hours without food and waterand had been in a cage at the fair for god knows how long..... Poorlittle guy. He was happy when we got home tho :)

My other half loves our Bindy just as much as our daughter and I do.

He travels a lot for work and just tonight when I came home I walked inthe door and spotted bunny poop on the floor and knew he'd let Bindyout of her hutch, I walked in and nope she was there in her hutchwaiting for me as usual.

I didn't say anything till tea time and I said " I seen you let Bindyout" he smiled and said "yeah she was active and wanted out" LOL (yeahright!!! he wanted to play with her LOL, he always lets her out andplays )

Everytime he walks past her hutch he says hello, he picks her up whenshe's out and gives her lovins' he loves her too and I think there'snot a damned thing wrong with men liking bunnies.

Besides Bunnies and Men need love too you know!!! :):)

I think it's great you guys are here in the forum- your posts are always either informative, interesting,funny or all three. My husband (37) loves our rabbits, thoughhe pretends not to sometimes :p. I think he must be like Ariels'partner and does things that he thinks I won't find out about. When hethought I was out once, I heard him talking to them which wentsomething like " Come see Daddy then. C'mon babies, see what Daddy'sgot for you (I hear the rustle of treats). There you go, my babies.Good babies. Daddy's little boy and girl" followed by other cooing andbaby talk. His face was a picture when he saw me standing on top of thestairs watching him :D. Long live men and bunnies:cool: - Jan

I love how some men get so embarassed when caught loving the animals.

My hubby was SO against Bo. Well, really any bunny, but I got Bo when he was working out of town LOL!

I have caught him looking at Bo and saying "Hi bunny" and things likethat. One day he was talking to me and being silly, whensuddenly he said "look at that, he's wanting something" and pointed tothe bunny standing really tall in his cage showing his white tummy....Then my hubby realized :shock:he'd just supported a RABBIT inits begging attempts! lol.

His dad and uncle brought us a kitten long ago (our boy Tank) and ofcourse he couldn't say no to them! (I had told his dad Iwanted a kitten for the kids) :p

He didn't want the dog either..... Sydney, our aussie, ...... he wasangry when I took her from friends...... now...... LOL.... he comeshome and "his puppy" (who is nearly 3 years old!) greets him at histruck!

Hmm...... seems I get animals a lot without him knowing or giving him a choice LOL!...

I STRONGLY believe that children should be around pets. If itis at all possible they should have some animal to love and carefor. So, I rule on that issue :) Ok, he has somesay..... like I can't get anymore right now :X

My OH, Dan (29), loves our rabbits! Heruns about with Henry playing 'the foot game' and sings to them all thetime! LOL 2 years ago this man was out clubbing,drinking, dancing and now he's gardening, painting, playing withbunnies, looking after his fish and training the dog! One ofhis friends is quite indignant that Dan likes animals, just because hedoesn't. :X

You should see Dan with the kits, he cups them in his hands and talksto them like they're babies. :) So cute! I couldn'tlive with a man who didn't like animals.

My granddad(now 72)also had rabbits when he was younger...and my dad (46) loved watching my old rabbit binkying round thegarden. He thinks Max is cute too... old softy!

Ang xx

Latest posts

Back