Gus and I

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenny2803

Reaction score
My name is jenny, my rabbit is gus. I think hesa mutt, being that i got him at a local pet store in the mall (yes iknow its horriable to support companies like this,....but he was socute i had to take him home). The told me new was anetherlanddwarf....but hes 9 lbs now, so im guessing hes a rex and hollandlop.I joined this site mostly to find out more care informationabout gus. He is my first rabbit, and im finding that most vets freakout when you bring in an ' exotic' animal.For the past few monthsive been trying to train him with a dog clicker ,im finding hesstubborn and doesnt want to be bothered.Anyways, here are a fewpictures of him, one of him as a baby, full grown and lastly oneof him sleeping...because its frickinadorable!!!!!!!!
5251451517891_m.jpg

Welcome! Gus is quite acutie. I don't know what he is exactly, but you could post inthe rabbitry section and ask there.

:welcome1

Hi Jenny!

Gus is simply too cute for words! What a little sweet heart! Hehe, aww! I guess bunnies run on a schedule of their own, hey!

You could always check the vet listings to see if there is a vet near you :).

Eager to hear more from you, an d I hope you love RO! :)

:wave:

Hi there,:welcome1 to RO!!

We can safely say Gus isn't a Netherland Dwarf anyway! Fur seems tolong to be rex, those big long ears are making me think English lop,but don't take my word for it! The folks in the Rabbitry will be ableto give you a better idea. I am sure that he's handsome though!!

Enjoy the forum!:happydance

Michaela:), Ebony:bunny5 and Pebble:anotherbun

The only reason i wonder his breed is for anytype of health concerns which seem to be common in his possible breed,otherwise i dont care.as for vets im in corvallis attendingOregon State University, i did find a vet on the list in portland closeto my other residence, but thats about 100 miles away from campus, itwould be better to have one more locatly- ie within 15 miles foremergencies.

Welcome to the Forum Jenny! :wave:

How old is Gus? At 9lbs, he ismuch bigger than a Holland Lop.I think hecould bea combination ofRex, Mini Lop varieties. I'm no experteither.

Rainbows! :)

Yep- every time i take him in the vet hes about9 lbs. All the vet techs are shocked by his size. Pretty much hes a'house cat' in size. I let him run around the house about 3 to 5 hoursa day, so hes full of leanmuscle.TheRex/Mini Lop 'blending' is agreat idea, i could see that.

Back