Guinnea Pig

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swanlake

Reaction score
So I am housing a hairless guinnea pig for one night. What should I do, what do I feed him? HELP!

Grass hay, the stuff your rabbits eat. What else had he been eating? I know they eat a lot of veggies and stuff like rabbits do but if you don't know what he was eating then I'd be afraid to try for one night.

Poor piggie. I think they look awful without fur.

ahaha lil hippos !! lol

urm... -hay,
-cucumber
-apprtly they like..
-urm lay their cage with OLD news paper as new ones can be toxic to them apprtnly
-water
-Salt, Mineral stones and Woodchip/wood chews
-old tissue box, shoe box for hiding place
-Provide them with fresh variety of vegetables high in vitamin C DAILY and fruits high in Vitamin
C only as treats occasionally. You may provide veggies twice or so a day. Veggies should
make up to 10-15% of their diet so it should be given in small quantities. Organic fruits and
vegetables is best fed. Give them about a cup of vegetables per day and everyday, which
contains an essential extra source of Vitamin C and other nutrients. Give them a variety of
vegetates and fruits as treats in moderation such as: parsley, romaine lettuce, spinach, kale,
Cilantro, carrots, seedless oranges, pears and etc. Make sure you take out the seeds, stems
and pits as they could be a chocking hazard

urm...

and piggie pellets lol?

yep..

x

Veggies and pelleted food, whatever they have been feeding it. I know they like leafy greens a lot. Also the hay of course!

Sounds like we need a pic of this hairless wonder!!

Why is he hairless??

We had a hairless surrender at the shelter that had a severe mite problem

Iam a member of guinealynx but only use it when I have a pig problem from shelter

this site is fantastic for guinea pigs like RO for rabbits

http://www.guinealynx.info/forums/

usually mites in pigs are treated with ivermectin

Most hairless Guinea pigs its genetic and they are called "skinny" guinea pigs. For food, Guinea pig pellets. Oxbow makes a great pellet specifically for them with Vit C in it which these small animals need since they cannot create their own, also Grass hay available at all times.

I'd give the little guy some fleece to cuddle in, but be sure he is not ingesting it :). I love hairless animals! I have a hairless rat and he is such a good boy.

They're so hilarious-looking!
pig3bnps_468x387.jpg

Baldwin_Sow_pic_1-339x246.jpg

9662190606160707.jpg

hairlessgroupsm.jpg

note: all images gleaned from google images

I am taking him up to lansing today, as he is from the rescue I work with. I am also taking up a bunny as well. He has some hair though, its weird! His nose is quite hairy.

He did wake me up at 4:20 this morning, because he had eaten all his hay and was hungry!

I will post a pic later.

well i dont have much to add as everyone pretty much covered it. I find the Skinny's to be very unattractive,lol, but people lllooovvveee them, to me they just look like they have a bad case of mites,lol!!!!!!! but they are oddly cute sometimes.

swanlake wrote:
I am taking him up to lansing today, as he is from the rescue I work with. I am also taking up a bunny as well. He has some hair though, its weird! His nose is quite hairy.

He did wake me up at 4:20 this morning, because he had eaten all his hay and was hungry!

I will post a pic later.
Thats normal if the parents were skinny pig carrier x skinny pig. :)

Luv-bunniz wrote:
swanlake wrote:

I will post a pic later.
Thats normal if the parents were skinny pig carrier x skinny pig. :)

I don't know if "piggie language" is the same as "rat language"...if so, the pig would be considered a "Double Rex"...which is not a true hairless. My "hairless" rat (Ralphie) is really considered a Double Rex due to a tiny bit of hair on his nose.

Latest posts

Back