guilt guilt guilt

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
wow...

Fen had a bad case of fleas a couple weeks ago, and was duly powdered.I knew he was looong overdue for a flea combing to make sure they wereall gone (usually do that about a week after powdering). But I put itoff, like with all "fun" chores.....:p

Anyway, today I trudge out there, mentally grumbling about holding 3lbs. of squirmy mad bunny while trying vainly to wield the comb andinspect skin for any flea dirt. Not a pleasant prospect!!!

So Ichase him around thecage, grab him, and sitdown on the lawn, hoping to get it over quickly with minimum fighting.

Well, Fenny LOVED it. He draped his front paws over my leg and settled in for the long haul.....I couldn't believe my eyes.

Eyes closed, nose in the air, he leaned into the comb with anexpression of sheer bunny bliss. There wasn't a sign of fleas, but Ikept going because he looked so HAPPY. This is the guy who getsoffended if even lightly touched, who stomps off in a huff at the least"violation" of his personal space.

So of course I feel pretty guilty about grumbling and procrastinating,because we had some awesome bonding time there. I think it'llbea frequent thing. He's been harder to get close to,compared to the others who crawl all over me. More aloof (you all knowbunnies like that!!). I guess it was just a matter of finding what helikes!

Poor boy, he's had his share of health problems with that awful hayfever. And he looks simply awful now at the beginning of molt (deadcoat). He'll appreciate a little help getting all that dead skin andshedding fur off!

I really really want to let him run again after the flea quarantine, soI'll be brave and put tea tree oil on and send him off! Wish us luck!!

Rose

Don't knock it, enjoy it!! I am sure that youboth will as well. every Bunny is different in what they like and whenthey like things. If you find or stumble onto that special somethingthen roll with it :) All of mine or so different and that also makesthem special ;)

bob

Back