Guess I'm going to be a rat "foster grandma"....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No need to thank me. I'm really impressed with all you know and the stuff I've learned about rats from you here.

It's definitely interesting and will be beneficial to us when we are able to get another one (which will now be a pair! LOL!)

Bo B Bunny wrote:
No need to thank me. I'm really impressed with all you know and the stuff I've learned about rats from you here.

It's definitely interesting and will be beneficial to us when we are able to get another one (which will now be a pair! LOL!)
You are welcome :).

Hopefully one day soon you and Lexi will be able to get ratties again :biggrin2:. I wonder how Diesel would react :shock: :p?

He'd be a pain in the butt just like he is with the bunnies! LOL!

Tony likes him tho. Diesel will sit next to his cage and Tony sits as close as he can to him. Tony has always wanted a friend and so does Diesel so it seems they will be buds.

I still think he's what happened to Tony's eye. (which is getting better btw)....

No pictures of the babies today on Day 4 :p. I JUST got home at 9:30 tonight after going out to Ryan's band practice space after dinner. I am FREEZING and very sleepy...feel a bit anxious for no reason, too :(.

I did check all the babies and gave Spice a run around the room, so she could get away from them for a bit. All the babies look wonderful and their colors/patterns are REALLY showing now! My favorite boy does have a head spot on his head, he is the black capped boy! I think I might name him "Ace". I also want to name the black berkshire or variegated boy "Jack"....and I'll have to think of 2 more boy names for the lighter colored babies.

The babies are 5 days old today and are doing sooo well! They are getting darker in colored AND are getting their little peach fuzz. Ohhh, do I love these babies. I have such a connection with them, maybe because they are Ralphie's babies?

Group shots...
l_5e960522840c4e468dc62c9f86b5a29c.jpg

l_b4093ede43eb499facee1f1afc3bb94f.jpg

l_df8ee72bac4e420180bc99dd4752f7bd.jpg

l_25cd005d882a43498cb49894848b4f87.jpg

Girls...
l_ee90f6a1cf4e40d79974ccbd280d3c64.jpg

Boys...
l_066298b6d9b347dca5c3565f96202cff.jpg

l_b69b8adfc37c4025a3c7010abd458da5.jpg

l_cdc0a2f874f64037ada4fe461390cbb7.jpg

Random shots :)....

Berkshire girl..
l_8b539d2d8be5427389121fbb6ef58215.jpg

Capped girl (and my favorite girl)...
l_cf3a2bb2a0674b08ad42afd1afd7bc97.jpg

Jack (black capped w/head spot Rex boy) says..."BYE-BYE!"....
l_4811b6cd770d4c50924c5832f76ccb07.jpg

Oh Amy!!!!!! Jack is adorable! I love his little stripey!

So do you think they're Ralphie's??

I can't wait to see them get fur! They look like they will be very very pretty!

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Oh Amy!!!!!! Jack is adorable! I love his little stripey!

So do you think they're Ralphie's??

I can't wait to see them get fur! They look like they will be very very pretty!

Thank you! Jack is totally cute, eh? He already has a personality! Last night all 4 boys slept lined up in my hand for at least 15 minutes. I love my boys.

It is going to be SOOOO hard rehoming any of these particular babies. I think putting 7 females in a Critter Nation 1 level will be too squished. I think 6 is the total number that should go in there.

I do think the babies are Ralphie's, but I am not sure if they are Louie's too. We will have to see if any of the babies have dumbo ears...I am no expert at telling their ears this young.

I personaly want you to keep them all. Just say you are keeping them for me. I am so getting atleast two rats one the gps have passed.

JadeIcing wrote:
I personaly want you to keep them all. Just say you are keeping them for me. I am so getting atleast two rats one the gps have passed.
7 girls in a Critter Nation would be pushing it :p, I'd have to clean it 2x a week versus 1x a week! After Spartan and Ralphie pass (because they are older)...feeding 11 rats am organic homemade food mixture might get a tad expensive :shock:.

I just ordered my Critter Nation cage :biggrin2:!

HEY....that was a meanie voice mail, Alicia. You are going to STRANGLE me?!?!!?!

:shock::shock::shock::shock:

:p:p:p

undergunfire wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
7 girls in a Critter Nation would be pushing it :p, I'd have to clean it 2x a week versus 1x a week! After Spartan and Ralphie pass (because they are older)...feeding 11 rats am organic homemade food mixture might get a tad expensive :shock:.

I just ordered my Critter Nation cage :biggrin2:!
So you clean 2x instead 1x. I really wish I could get a few. What is a good cage for three. I need to start pricing things.

To be honest? The new Critter Nation is going to be the best cage for the money. I have purchased almost ALL the cages out there said to be good for rats and I ended up selling them. I am embarrassed to admit that I have wasted probably more than $300 on buying and selling cages in the past 1.5 years. My Ferret Nation141 cage cost me $123 with free shipping...I could have bought 2 of these with the money I wasted!

The new one level CN is $139 right now. By the time you want ratties, the price should go down. You can get it locally at PetSmart or order it online for free shipping a lot of the times.

Here is the new CN (and I will post pictures once I get it!)...
Midwest-Homes-For-Pets-Critter-Nation-Single-Unit-with-Stand%7Eimg%7EMDW%7EMDW1243_a.jpg
Midwest-Homes-For-Pets-Critter-Nation-Single-Unit-with-Stand%7Eimg%7EMDW%7EMDW1243_a.jpg
http://www.allpetfurniture.com/Midwest-Homes-For-Pets-161-MDW1243.html

^ As you can see, there are 3 ratties in that picture in the cage. Of course, they should have hung hammocks for the picture :p.

Thats not bad. I thought it was alot more. I could buy that easy. You think it would work for the gps?

JadeIcing wrote:
Thats not bad. I thought it was alot more. I could buy that easy. You think it would work for the gps?
If you used fleece as bedding (like I do with my FN), then I don't see why not. You can even cover the ramp with fleece to make it solid...I do that. I wouldn't put more than 2 piggies in it, as long as they get their out time (which I know they do).

I may just look into this....:ponder:Than Merlin on top in his cage.....

JadeIcing wrote:
I may just look into this....:ponder:Than Merlin on top in his cage.....
A 2 tier CN cage is $240 with free shipping, but that would be a lot of space for 3 ratties and they would probably abandon one level because of all the space. It would be cool for the GP's, though.

Nah I like this one.

I just thought of something you are going to make them stuff right!?!?:shock:

Oh and I have some fabric you might be able to use.

JadeIcing wrote:
I just thought of something you are going to make them stuff right!?!?:shock:

Oh and I have some fabric you might be able to use.
The ratties when you get some? Yesss, duhhh!

Ohhh, yay! I LOVE fabric :biggrin2:.

101_0099.jpg

All I want is a bed slightly bigger than Apples for Ringo. I wanted to make him a bed and pillow out of it but never found someone to do it.

Latest posts

Back