grunting rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DC

Reaction score
My rabbit is about 4 and a half years old. He is neutered. He is very territorial and could be aggressive. I recently posted I am having trouble with adapting to a move. I try to keep him busy with toys and let him out of pen whenever possible. He just never seems happy. Some how I am finding which i think is urine splats on walls around pen. It looks like a spray bottle mist. But I cant even begin to tell you how far from his pen to how high it goes. :(I am lost on what to do. Stressed rabbit mom:?

OH my! I have heard that rabbit urine sprays reach quite heights but I had no idea!

So is the main problem that his behavior has changed and become aggressive after you moved homes? How has his specific living environment changed as a result of the move? What does his space consist of and how big is it?

Can you put some type of cover on the pen in the areas where he is spraying? Maybe a plastic table cloth or even plexi glass cut to fit the area you need to cover.

Sorry, might sound stupid... But I find that my rabbits get that way when they dont get enough attention. Theyve been neutered for about 3 months but still spray and show aggression when they get grumpy. Ill start to get them more exercise and hold them longer - then they stop those behaviors. Maybe your rabbit is as tempermental as mine and just throwing fits? :p

He pretty much has the same space. I have a pen for him, with his cat house in there. He has all the same things, I just don't know what else to do. He always grunted, but now he seems to grunt just getting his hay bin..to put hay in it. Thank you for your reply.

I do think he is moody ha. He has been neutered for several years now. I try to give him attention, but at times it is hard because he is not cuddly. I have one of those more aggressive alpha rabbits. People say they get rid of those kind. But I could never. He is just what i got, he cant help he is a grumpy rabbit lol.

Not sure about the spraying, that's strange:shock:.

You can sit and play w/ him w/ some toys. Hubby likes putting Snuff's keys on his head and wait for him to toss them off. Stuff like that is stimulating for the buns. Rolling toys to them and have them pick up and toss too.;)

Spraying is a statement, LOL! Part of the angry rabbit thing. My guys can take a month or two to settle into their new surroundings.

The teepee (great name under the circumstances, LOL!) will make him feel more secure as well.

What he really needs is a little rabbit friend. They're just not designed to be on their own. If he isn't up for bonding with a human, he needs another rabbit. Give him a stuffed rabbit (or whatever) and see how he reacts.

Have you tried giving him free run of the room or the house? That might help is mood.

How is his weight? You have another post about him leaving a residue on his blanket, is that recent? Since the move? That may be a sign of stress as well.

sas :bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back