Growling/ Grunting when being fed.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachelann

Reaction score
So Humphrey just started this two days ago. I have only heard him make noise once and it was because he was REALLY mad at me for almost sitting on him. But every time my husband feeds Humphrey grunts at him. He doesn't do it to me, just to Ben. Ben feeds Humphrey for me at night after I go to work, just his pellets because I do the rest in the morning. Other than the grunting he has never shown any aggression towards my husband. Humphrey doesn't go out of his way for his attention like he does for mine though.

Any one else have this, if it is aggression will it stop once he is fixed?

Many rabbits are a bit territorial and it sounds like that's how he's acting. Or it could be that he's just very excited for the food and that's how he expresses it. One of my rabbits grunts while she's eating but it's excitement rather than aggression.

If it is a territorial behavior, neutering may help, or it may not, though it often does.

Well, I watched Ben feed him tonight ( I didn't have to work) and I think he is just really excited to get those pellets. He pretty much threw himself in the dish before it was all the way in the cage. lol

They sure get excited about those pellets don't they? Some of them anyway. Milo actually shoved his whole head in the bag once...there's pics in my blog to prove it lol. I barely get all his pellets into his bowl and he has his head in it. I have to put the rest in around his head. What can I say, they like their food! It's adorable!

Latest posts

Back