growing again as an adult?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniLopHop

Reaction score
This isn't urgent, but more of an observation on rabbit health. Is it possible that Bunnicula is growing again as an adult? I was told she was 1 year 8 months old. However, in the three weeks I have had her she has gained 1/2 a pound and looks larger over all. She wasn't terribly skinny and still is not fat by any means. It looks like she is taller and longer! She doesn't look so tiny compared to Panda (who is getting a bit chubby because he has gotten into chips and crackers! we went the extra step to Panda proof the kitchen now)

Is it possible for an adult to start growing again with good nutrition?

Panda's teeth have fixed themselves over the past three weeks. They were really long and sort of bent. I had to encourage him to chew on his twigs and was very unsure at first but Bunnicula showed him the way. I just checked his teeth again, thinking I should make an appointment to get them trimed, but they were beautiful! I guess he didn't have chew toys before? Apple tree twigs are better than the dentist for everyone concerned. :)

Who gave you the age and how did they know? When we got Serena we were told that she was a broken mix and was about a year old. She weighed 7 pounds so we thought she'd be a mid size, not as big as some. Turns out she was a Checkered Giant and continued growing for several more months. She's now 19 pounds--I thought she was going to become a quantum singularity.

Nancy McClelland wrote:
:roflmao:I thought she was going to become a quantum singularity.

That's great!

The shelter in Florida told me her age and they got it from the people giving her up. She's a Duch, so 3 pounds was really small, but her frame was really small too. Should I give her access to alfalfa? I was under the impression she was full grown so she has just had timothy and orchard grass.

Back