Grooming ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMALL S RABBITRY

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anybody still uses Listoren mouth wash to groom there rabbits with we use to us it 10+ years ago and we would mix 25% listoren to 75% water and it did a great job butI just want some input on this please....... Thanks Toby

We used to use a mix of original listerine and baby oil to clean & condition our horses tails. Especially in colder weather when you didn't want to get them wet from the hose. It also worked well for horses with itchy tails. The listerine has antiseptic properties to it and the baby oil helped to moisturize and soothe dry skin and hair. Not sure how it would work on a rabbit....

I used corn starch on my fuzzy lop the other day to help clean her bottom which was wet from urine and a little matted. After I cut the hair I put the corn starch on and then brushed it out. It worked great! I will definitely keep it on hand in my groom box :)

Well the original listerine made there fur softer and have a really good shine I learned that from a women that bred mini rex and cals and she always got great comments and had about 30 grand champions in the barn so I use to do it and it worked pretty good back then what do yall think know about it..........Toby

I use do do it to all my show stock like 10+ years back and I always had great success with it but I never did it to my white rabbits just my colored stock.........Toby

when you had first mentioned it I actually thought you were doing it to white ones, I just pictured a stain fighter lol. Until I read your next reply. I may try it sometime on this buck I have here. He's still got some yellow stains, and can't be shown... Can let you know the results of the white experiment?

Cool thanks but is may make him look like a satin cause of the yellow color from the mouth wash that is why I never did it with the white rabbits but I have used proxide to clean a white rabbits fur and it also took smut off of my cals in the past........

where he's the harlequin, he's black and white striped. The white hair seemed to have shed first, and the black is still red where its pee stained? So it will be interesting to see how it works on the 2 colors lol

and thanks on the peroxide tip

AndersonsRabbits wrote:
where he's the harlequin, he's black and white striped. The white hair seemed to have shed first, and the black is still red where its pee stained? So it will be interesting to see how it works on the 2 colors lol

and thanks on the peroxide tip
no problem any time and let me know how it all works for you........Toby

Back