Grooming question - wasnt sure where to post it

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bensdad2009

Reaction score
So I have a Double Mane Lionhead and with all that mane she needs a good brushing about once a week. My question is really about how people go about brushing their bunnies undersides? There is pretty much no way she is going to let me lie her on her back. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have an angora who is a year old so very energetic. He hates to get put on his back. I always groom him sitting at my desk with a blanket to give him traction. When it is belly time I support his front feet with one hand and leave the bottom feet against the desk. I pick up the top half so he is resting with his back against my chest. Then I can reach around him with the brush in my other hand to do his belly. This also works well for the top part of his legs that I can't get well when he's standing. :)

For my Holland Lop, I will brush everything on her upside while she is in front of me on my lap. Then to brush her belly and clip her nails, I firmly grasp her (this has to be done fast) and gently turn her on her back snug between my legs with my feet usually flat on the ground. She hates her belly touched and her nails to be clipped, so I know how you feel. But in this position it sort of paralizes her. It has worked well for the last year and half. If I pet her in that position she will fall asleep as well. Try it.

Latest posts

Back