Grooming Cheeni

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheenisowner

Reaction score
Grooming her has become a lot easier now that I put her up on to the counter. She lets me do it all! HOWEVER...I can't get underneath. She refuses to be flipped over! :( Anyone have any other suggestions?

-Ishikah

Don't feel bad, my lion head doesn't like being brushed on his tummy either. I do just cradle him like a baby tightly and run a brush quickly on his tummy. He doesn't ever tangle or matte though, his fur is thick, but its like a silky feel.

Thats the same as Cheeni's as well. I do check her butt area just in case it is matted or there is any poop but she keeps her self very clean which is good. I can sometime brush her little lion mane (lol) but she usually starting attacking the brush lol

We have an English Angora and he is A LOT of work to brush. We don't flip him though, we hold up in out arms and we have our arm just under his front paws and hold them up to expose his tummy and feet. After we do that, we hold up his head and so his chin.

Hope that helps!

I've found grooming a lot better too on a table. I have a computer table that I now do on it since Neville has found it's fun to jump off Mom's lap.

I've been flipping both my Lion Heads from Day One. It's taken a while for them to get used to it and I still have to struggle to comb underneath. I'm very fortunate that both my Lion Heads keep themselves very clean underneath and no mats have been found.

I have found too, just like Toyabrooke suggested, that allowing Neville and Luna to stand and lean on me that I can get underneath to comb.

So really it's just working with the bunny. Finding the best way to get the job done. And with Long Haired rabbits it is such a necessity to keep them "mat free".

And also, my Better Half will jump in to help when both are really wound and won't settle, which now that they both are hitting the teenage months, it's been a challenge to groom. Wiggle worms and constantly attacking the comb.

K:)

toyabrooke wrote:
We have an English Angora and he is A LOT of work to brush. We don't flip him though, we hold up in out arms and we have our arm just under his front paws and hold them up to expose his tummy and feet. After we do that, we hold up his head and so his chin.

Hope that helps!

I'm going to try that...I did that once but she jumps up on to my shoulder -_- lol

ZRabbits wrote:
I've found grooming a lot better too on a table.  I have a computer table that I now do on it since Neville has found it's fun to jump off Mom's lap.

I've been flipping both my Lion Heads from Day One.  It's taken a while for them to get used to it and I still have to struggle to comb underneath.  I'm very fortunate that both my Lion Heads keep themselves very clean underneath and no mats have been found. 

I have found too, just like Toyabrooke suggested, that allowing Neville and Luna to stand and lean on me that I can get underneath to comb. 

So really it's just working with the bunny.  Finding the best way to get the job done.  And with Long Haired rabbits it is such a necessity to keep them "mat free". 

And also, my Better Half will jump in to help when both are really wound and won't settle, which now that they both are hitting the teenage months, it's been a challenge to groom.   Wiggle worms and constantly attacking the comb. 

Today was pretty good...I was able to comb her decently..I don't think she is shedding a new coat anymore? or maybe she is? not much hair came out. But when she went back into the room she spent 20 min grooming herself:pssd:

PaGal wrote:
she just doesn't think you did a good enough job...:biggrin2:

Then both Neville and Luna think the same thingof my grooming skillstoo, because that's exactlywhat both do to me the minute they are back in their crates. lol. Neville is so good at it, in minutes it looks like I never brushed him.

Glad the grooming session went well with Cheeni. I find that some days I get more fur then others. Neville is definitely shedding his saddle. Luna hasn't really started but she already had a formed saddle.

Latest posts

Back