Greetings

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valaraukarsbane

Reaction score
Hi everyone! We are new here. We came over from http://www.bunspace.com. We have four bunnies at the moment, as well as one bridge bunny.
Raphael was out first bunny. He was a black and white English Spot with an off center spot on his face. He was rescued by my mother from a neglect situation in VT where he was kept outdoors year round in a dog cage with no bottom (directly on the wire) suspended on some bricks or something, and fed 'generic goat feed.' The owners had gotten him for $5 at a goat show. He survived in this way for at least three years. Another rabbit with him did not. She convinced them to give him to her and he lived with her for a few months before we took him in. He began the relationship by peeing on me! He was a wonderful bunny and we miss him very much. Sadly he passed away this past summer.
We could not stand not having a rabbit so we went and got Midir at www.yourspca.org. He is a harlequin and very friendly. We got Étaín, his girlfriend, at the same time, and they bonded quickly. She is a mostly white helicopter eared bunny with some tan spots. Over the next few months we also took in two more bunnies from the same shelter who had been there for a while (they are no-kill, but we felt bad for them), first Richard the Rabbitheart, who is an older hotot (probably 4-6 years) that no one wanted, and then Durinn, an albino who we think is maybe a New Zealand.

About the names: Midir and Étaín are a couple from Irish mythology. Richard is named of course for Richard the Lionheart (the shelter called him 'Ricky Ricardo' and we thought Richard was close). Durinn is named after one of the dvergar in Norse mythology (sometimes called dwarves, though many scholars think this is not correct).

Hello and welcome :wave:

It sounds like your bunnies are very lucky little bunnies to have found such a loving home,they sound adorable...would love to see pictures of them ;)

So sorry about the bunny you lost though...it sounds like he had it pretty rough before your mum took him in..i'm so glad he got to know what love was with you guys though...just what every bunny needs.

Hi and welcome! I'm trying to stay away from any rabbit adoption websites! Otherwise I'll start mapquesting to see how far it is! :p

Pictures of your buns please!

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

I’ve listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

In your profile there is a place for location. There is no rule requiring you to list the city you live in, but if you can give a general region, country, state, what part of a state or country you live in is helpful. This will give others an idea and can offer more specific help if needed.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, How to put photo's in your posts.

This the best site on the web for bunnies and I look forward to hearing stories and looking at pictures of your rabbits.

Hello and welcome to RO!

Thanks for telling us about your buns. Please share pictures, we love pictures!

:wave:hello from me and my rexes. im another who's going to ask for pics of such lucky wonderful bunnies. their names are lovely, will Richard be getting a Queen Berengaria?:)

We were hoping that Richard would actually get a privy counsellor Durinn, but so far Durinn seems reluctant to agree to this arrangement!
Here is a picture of Raphael with his favourite toy, a nylabone:
140245.jpg

And here he is expressing his opinions about a book:
142569.jpg

Here is Midir:
141263.jpg

And here is Midir grooming Etain:
126743.jpg

Here's Richard:
139069.jpg

And finally Durinn:
143562.jpg