Greetings from Vancouver

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iheartcharlie

Reaction score
Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Hello bun-lovers!
My name is Paula and I am proud mom to a wonderful little one year-old Holland Lop named Charlie (as well as a whole bunch of nicknames, including my hubby's name for him - Munch-Munch!) We are pretty sure he was released in our area by someone in the neighbourhood possibly moving away, and we know he was out in the wild for at least 5 days before hopping into my neighbour's yard. Since she has 3 cats, two of them kittens, she brought him to my place and we fell in love right away!
Poor little guy had gone through a bit of neglect, he had been potty trained but didn't appear to have been brushed or had his nails cut recently if ever. In the end his whole butt and several other patches were completely bald by the time all the matted fur was cut away (over several weeks in small grooming sessions), but it grew back in nicely.
Since he was an unexpected arrival and I've never had a pet rabbit before, it was a pretty steep learning curve, but Charlie had been very patient with me. Once we got his coat good and detangled, groomings have become more enjoyable for both of us (though he's still not over-fond of having his belly brushed), which is good since he has started to shed like mad for winter. He was a light tan over white this summer but is now turning a much darker shade of brown with black tones. If possible, might be even cuter and softer than summer bun!
I cannot describe how having Charlie has enriched my life. If I am anxious or sad, I just go and get my little ball of warm and fluffy for a snuggle and everything seems better. He has gone from a small pen in the corner of our living room to basically having free run of the house because he's so well behaved, although he still struggles a bit going down the stairs.
Having a bun around really is a whole different type of affection that's hard to get enough of! I thought I was a cat person, turns out I just needed Charlie to show me the error of my ways!
Charlie would be happy to meet some other buns local to Surrey. He fell for the beautiful Daisy at Vancouver Rabbit Rescue's Rabbit Festival, and needs to recover from the heartbreak of her already having a boyfriend.
Please feel free to touch base with us!
Paula and Charlie

Welcome!
I have also had my heart stolen by a bunny, two actually :) I find them to be absolute joys.
Glad you found us!

I believe I may have met you! Sandy and I were at the VRRA festival, the people from Calgary? I remember a very sweet bun named Charlie, that's for sure :)

Latest posts

Back