Grate for a litter box?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yramnot

Reaction score
I'm considering getting a grate of some kind for my rabbits' litter box. The other day when I was cleaning out their cage, I realized why I kept finding poops and litter scattered around. It's not because they are purposely defecating outside the box; rather, it is because of the way they move in and out. Since they hop out instead of climbing out like a cat, they send the litter box contents flying. It creates a disgusting mess that's just an absolute pain to clean up.

So, remembering a few threads I had seen here on the forum, I decided to construct a grate for the litter box. But I'm at a loss as to where I might find one. In one thread, a person mentioned plastic fluorescent light grids. They look great, but I don't know where to find such a thing. I googled it, but only found a bulk supplier out of China. Where might I go about finding something like that?

Please share your thoughts and ideas for grate materials. Any suggestions are welcome. :)

Home Depot or Lowe's have the fluorescent light grating. Just ask an employee where to find it.

I use the fluorescent light grid(also called light diffuser). I got mine at Home Depot but sometimes it can be hard to find in the store. Its in the renovation section, not in the lighting section.

Good news, I found a suitable grate for my rabbits' litter box! I went to the local warehouse store and found a three-pack of cooling racks. I bought them because they were stackable, and I figured I could just pile them up to an appropriate height in the box. But when I got home, I discovered that each individual rack had legs. So there was no need to stack them, and I now have two spares! It's working beautifully. Jack and Peter's cage is so much easier to keep clean now. Instead of flinging poo all over the cage, they leave a nice neat pile in the far corner of the box.

Latest posts

Back