Grass Bugs.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buncake

Reaction score
Hi, how are you all doing?
So I have a small question.. As some of you know, my little bun's diet consists of fresh grass I get her from the garden. But recently small flowers and other herbs like common Purslane and such have been growing in my yard so after asking about them, it seemed to be safe to give to my bunny and she indeed loves it.
Although I wash the grass before giving it to her just to make sure... But I just found that there were really really small bugs in the grass.. Like very small white things that have wings and literally tiny tiny dots that move. I freaked out and got rid of her current feed and while washing a new patch more thoroughly using a sifter, I found those small bugs floating and now I'm just concerned.. She's been on this diet for months since I can't get my hands on hay no matter how hard I looked and her digestive system is fine, her droppings are fine, she is all together all right, I searched her ear -which thankfully has very short thin layer of fur so it's very easy to see inside- and her fur to check whether or not bugs have gotten there or something but what else do I do now? I know I'll be washing the grass more thoroughly from now on but is it fine that maybe she's consumed those little bugs ? She lives indoors with me in my bedroom and I cleaned her cage and such and dad told me that I'm overreacting since wild rabbits definitely eat bugs with grass but I don't know, I love my little girl and I can't help but worry. Sorry for writing a lot but needed to get it off my chest and need your opinions since you guys are more experienced.

Latest posts

Back