*** Graphic picture *** POSSIBLE PROLAPSE

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
naturestee wrote:
Try giving her a water bowl- many rabbits will drink more from bowls. You could give her a little bit of 100% pure cranberry juice, or give her fresh or fresh-frozen cranberries. My buns get a few frozen cranberries a week.

I hope she feels better soon!
Thanks, How many ounces of juice would you recommend for a 4 pound rabbit?

Haven't got a clue. Maybe a 2-3 tablespoons? It still has natural sugar so you don't want to overdo it. And put it in a separate bowl in case she doesn't like it, and so you don't contaminate the water bottle (stuff feeds on sugars, like mold).

Here is an update on Ms. Dutchess. The oral baytrill seems to be working, the icky around her privates is slowly disappearing. When she gets her medicine, the vet also told us to put some petroleum jelly on her privates to keep things from getting dried out.

She has been the best bunny for taking her medicine. This oral baytril does not smell thegood and I can't imagine what it must taste like.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
This oral baytril does not smell thegood and I can't imagine what it must taste like.

It's nasty! I've had to hold down the rats and give them oral Baytril and SOME HOW....not sure how....I got a tiny dab in my mouth.

Believe me....fighting with a rat over medicine is war.

Glad Dutchess is doing well :biggrin2:!

Latest posts

Back