Graphic ! Bunny fight

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dichonia

Reaction score
E0B11520-3E04-40DC-88B5-A5997788804A.jpeg:E0B11520-3E04-40DC-88B5-A5997788804A.jpeg
Long story short : My little Gigi escaped from the fencing last night (jumped from the huge fence i put them in the night). Went to find my other bunny and heard them fighting and rolling on the ground biting each other ! I was in a shock when i picked Gigi up and saw this 😢 I rushed as soon as possible to the vet . The vet tried to glue the piece together but it was impossible because the bunny was very stressed ! The vet told me its not something that serious as long as i sprayed it with a pet antiseptic that she gave me. She also told me if im going to neuter Gigi , that would be a good time to stitch the wound ! My poor Gigi 🥺

Poor bunny :(

Looks like it does need to be stitched, and right away before the avulsed flesh becomes necrotic. Mouth wounds would be very hard to keep clean. It's likely she'll also need to be put on a rabbit safe antibiotic(eg. baytril). I would also suggest requesting an anti inflammatory pain med(meloxicam, if your vet didn't already prescribe it), especially if she is showing any signs of pain like reduced appetite. But even if she is still eating well, meloxicam would be good to help keep the inflammation down.

Poor bunny :(

Looks like it does need to be stitched, and right away before the avulsed flesh becomes necrotic. Mouth wounds would be very hard to keep clean. It's likely she'll also need to be put on a rabbit safe antibiotic(eg. baytril). I would also suggest requesting an anti inflammatory pain med(meloxicam, if your vet didn't already prescribe it), especially if she is showing any signs of pain like reduced appetite. But even if she is still eating well, meloxicam would be good to help keep the inflammation down.
Thank you very much , she did gave her an injection. Told me would last at least 24 hours :( i just want her not to feel pain … vet told me not to worry … but i still worry

Latest posts

Back