Granola?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTFCas

Reaction score
So I'm being lazy eating a granola bar and more than likely getting crumbs in my bed as well. Anyway, as soon as I opened it, Marceline started giving me bedroom eyes and was beyond infatuated with the granola bar. My question is, it safe to let her nibble on this? Or is it a definite no? If so, why?

Granola bars tend to have a lot of sugar in them, so are not really good for rabbits. A few crumbs might not be an issue if it is once in a while, but you should not let her eat it. There are much better treats you can share. Rabbits (and people) tend to like things that are not really good for them.

Other than pellets, I can't think of any processed food that's good for rabbits. A little won't hurt them, but then they want more & more & why ask for the aggravation. Honey's big treats [she doesn't know better & don't tell her otherwise] are rolled oats & her daily bit of dried papaya. Plus occasionally dried banana peel sticks. I like the 1st 2 too, but eat the banana itself & dry the pieces of peel for her.

Back