Graces Ear

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sayuri

Reaction score
I noticed yesterday that Grace had lost a large portion of fur on her left ear!

I have just been able to have a closer look, it doesnt look dry or patchy or sore its just bald. The ear that it is on is the ear that she currently has a healing injury on but she hasnt touched that area so I dont think it is related to that.

Can anyone give me advice on this one please?

This is the third thing that has happened to my buns in 2 weeks, please tell me this is it thats the run over with :(

I cant at the moment Im affraid, which I know is about as much use as a chocolate teapot. My phone wont connect with my computer and I lost my conector for my digital camera.

I did however draw a sketch :)

gracesear-1.jpg

The turquoise area is where the fur is missing and the red bit is her injury from fighting with Louis. There seems to be a small edge of fur still present around her actual ear

I just had another look at her ear and the injury she got about 3 weeks ago had a scab on it that looked like it was trying to come off. When trying to look at it closer it did in fact come off in one peice so I think it was more than ready. now Grace has a perfectly round resonably large hole in her ear :shock:

Will this ever heal or is my little girl now scared for life? :(

The back part of the ear is where she can reach with her back feet and scratch. The scab could have been itchy and that was where she scratched. Now that the scab is off, it may heal. As to the hole in her ear, it may close up. You will have to wait and see.

I told her it could be stress alone causing the hair loss or to get her checked for mites, as the bald spot:?, half her ear is bald, Alice said:?. I also asked if she could spot any grains of sand looking bits on her ear, she said no. I told her that alot of times, they're not visible. Need a vet to check for mites to be sure;).

Yep, the hole should heal fine. Just keep an eye on it;).

Keep us posted, Alice.:)

What a time its been for you all recently.

It might be worth getting her checked for ear mites, but if nothing shows up you could try sudocreme on the baldy because that should help it. It's helped my buns when they have had baldy bits for whatever reason (sore hocks, injection reaction,etc).

I hope she is ok.

Latest posts

Back