Gotta Brag a Little

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wabbitmom12

Reaction score
Our 17 year old Josh won Student of the Year ("Teacher's Choice")in his Computer Networking class at last night's Awards Ceremony. Very prestigious; hebeat out 2nd year students who have more certifications, etc. His teacher is very excited about his abilities and the natural talent he has displayed in all areas of Computer Tech.

When he graduates next year, he will have approximately 8 college credit hours to go with his high school diploma, as well as several industry certifications.

This is from a child I have considered throttling at times, :pullhair:when he is in the manic phase of his bi-polar disorder. I am so glad that God gave him talent and passion for computers. I'm starting to believe that he will make it in this world, despite his (frequent) ups and downs.

Yay, Josh!:party0002:

:highfive:yay josh . from me too. my son is dyslexic and all through out primary school it was one battle after another with teachers who wrote him off. luckily we got him into one of the best secondary schools around and he's done so well. they really encouraged his love of sport and he plans to teach one day. they also encouraged his love of art and design. i am so pleased that josh has had his talent recognised. i know just how proud you are having been at my own son's awards nights.:biggrin2:

Congratulations to Josh and you!

I put together our Awards Night (1200 kids in my high school) and it is one of my favorite things that I do... I love seeing the kids achieve. Mine is June 4th.

Denise

hartleybun wrote:
:highfive:yay josh . from me too. my son is dyslexic and all through out primary school it was one battle after another with teachers who wrote him off. luckily we got him into one of the best secondary schools around and he's done so well. they really encouraged his love of sport and he plans to teach one day. they also encouraged his love of art and design. i am so pleased that josh has had his talent recognised. i know just how proud you are having been at my own son's awards nights.:biggrin2:
Yes, just getting them grown up enough to begin serious planning for th future is a long haul when they don't have extra challenges! When they do, sometimes you despair that it will EVER happen. i have cried oceans of tears over this child, wondering what will become of him. The rate of suicide is enormous with bi-polar, and drug use (probably to self-medicate and forget their problems) is even higher.

Challenges lie ahead, no doubt,but I am begining to feel very hopeful. A goal of his own is just what he needs to keep his focus and persist through the tough stuff.
:pray:

wabbitmom12 wrote:
hartleybun wrote:
Yes, just getting them grown up enough to begin serious planning for th future is a long haul when they don't have extra challenges! When they do, sometimes you despair that it will EVER happen. i have cried oceans of tears over this child, wondering what will become of him. The rate of suicide is enormous with bi-polar, and drug use (probably to self-medicate and forget their problems) is even higher.

Challenges lie ahead, no doubt,but I am begining to feel very hopeful. A goal of his own is just what he needs to keep his focus and persist through the tough stuff.
:pray:

My oldest is a special education student in college and he is struggling... he passed this semester but is on academic probation again... I just want to see him finish the last year on a good note. He was not happy to hear that due to a D in one class they put him on academic probation.

He hated being classified as a special education student and wanted to try on his own but I keep telling him that the extra help is a bonus the other students are not lucky enough to have.

I may have to go through with our filing through NYS VESID... Andy has an IEP which the college is aware of but does not have to follow but VESID can get involved now as success in college may determine how well he can hold a job.

:pray:to Josh and Andy...

Denise

Congratulations, Josh!!! That is too awesome! :)

DeniseJP wrote:
wabbitmom12 wrote:
hartleybun wrote:

He hated being classified as a special education student and wanted to try on his own but I keep telling him that the extra help is a bonus the other students are not lucky enough to have.

:pray:to Josh and Andy...

Denise

They just hate being "different". You can't really blame them. Society is pretty good at stigmatizing people who have challenges.

Finding some of their natural talents does help.

Latest posts

Back