Got some new questions....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavenlyshelties

Reaction score
Okay to start off lol.

I have Miffy in a plastic bottom cage ( I prefer these and enjoy cleaning them out each day ) and I have been putting litter in litter box and in her cage to. Is this something I shouldn't do, she is now starting to go out of her litter box again, she'll kick it out of the way and poo in the corner it was in? She does kick the litter out of the way and lay down where it's cleared, and I don't put to much in there, but now I am wondering if like I said I shouldn't put litter anywhere but in the litter box?

Secondly,

Miffy is being extrodinarly nice to Cordy (they had their second meeting today) and is grooming her and laying her head on top of her or sticking it under her. Could this be due to her not being fixed yet and since she just recently started trying to make a nest, maybe her maternal instintcs are kicking in?

Last question. Sorry again for so many.

Cordy is about nine weeks old, how much food should I be giving her and how often. I feed miffy about half a cup a day as suggested by a breeder. Yet the people I got Cordy from never told me how much to give her. I have been giving her about as much as miffy and thought it would be enough but when I gave her dinner to her tonight she acted like she was starving!!! Any advice appreciated.

Thanks again everyone.

Sara

It sounds like Miffy is just a nice friendly rabbit. Usually a hormonal girl would be aggressive rather than nice.

The baby rabbit should be free fed until adult age has been reached with a good alfalfa pelleted feed and plenty of hay also.

I'd recommend putting litter only in the litterbox. This helps them train better (poop goes on the litter, litter is only in the litterbox). If she's moving the litterbox and pooping where it used to be, put a small flat weight in the box or try to tie or clip it to the cage wall.

How old is Miffy? She might just really like Cordy. Some rabbits are very friendly whether or not they have been spayed. Letting them play together is fine, but in case you're thinking of it I wouldn't recommend housing them together until Cordy is at least six months old. Baby bunnies are often friendly with other rabbits but it's all too common for them to become territorial and attack the other rabbit when they hit puberty.

Cordy can have as much pellets and hay as she wants. Just fill up the bowl and let her eat.;)

Cordy just got her new cage today!! She acts like she doesn't know what to do with all the space lol. We are picking up Miffy's cage which is three times as big as the one she has right now this week. I am so excited. I would love to have them house togather but not at this age, like you said Cordy is to young and who knows what would happen, but hopefully as time goes by it might be possible.

Miffy is about seven to eight months old. She seems to really enjoy having cordy next to her (crate next to crate) and gets so excited when cordy comes near her side of the crate. I think she was lonley. :( Not sure what will happen now but I have high hopes and I only pray they keep getting along. I plan to get Miffy fixed later this year so maybe that will help.

Thanks again everyone.

I will take more photos tomorrow.

Sara

Latest posts

Back