Got my spunky boy back!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmilytheStrange

Reaction score
Well we are in the final inning of this conjunctivitis! We went to the ER vet on Sunday night and saw the regular vet on Monday. His tear ducts were flushed by the bunny doc on call Sun. and she started him back on baytril as well antibiotic eye drops. It finally kicked in by midweek and he is an entirely different bunny! Over the weekend, I could tell just by his body language he was feeling hangdog and I could pretty much tell you the moment he started feeling better too. I was holding him on my lap, not drugging him or messing with him for once and he snuggled right into me. I honestly got the sense from him that he was content, loved and happy. Since then, it's been like a change between night and day. He's begging for baby food, getting double bunny hugs with Fiona, playing on my computer chair, flopping, purring and checking on all "his" territory.
The really good news is that since he's feeling better and his appetite is back, he's been eating pretty much non-stop. So he's wearing those teeth back down. Dr. Blaes checked him today and said they are 50% reduced from what they were. We'll check him again after he's finished with the baytril and get a really good view but Dr. Blaes thinks his tooth issue is over.
It's been so stressful seeing him uncomfortable and I've felt so frustrated for him, I am enormously relieved to have my bouncy boy back. It's hard to believe now he was so moppy at the beginning of the week. Fiona I know was a super major huge help in his recovery, she never left his side. They are definitely a dynamic duo and they are back in action.

I'm so glad little Bennie is feeling better. I hope his problems are over. I just hate that lops are prone to tooth problems.

I took Billy to the vet for his eye redness/crustiness (that I mentioned in my email). The vet trimmed a few points off of his teeth and gave me eyedrops. She was pretty sure the points were causing his eye problem. His eye is 100% better today. Oh, Billy is a fuzzy lop = tooth problems {{{SIGH}}}.

Aww, I'm really glad to hear that Bennett is back to his old self again! I know what it's like to watch them ill and 'not right'- when Chalk got better and got back to binkying and being cheeky again, we were sooo happy! I don't think I've ever been more happy to see a bunny causing mischief lol!

Here's hoping he stays healthy! :D

Latest posts

Back