Got my new Flop buck. :-)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendymac

Reaction score
I had traded one of my does to a breeder in exchange for a buck from one of her upcoming litters. Unfortunately, the one only had does and the other lost most of her babies (leaving all does). But she had 2 bucks to choose from. One was born in March, and was cute. The other one was born in November, and I had already seen him at a show (at the show, Booberry took 1st and he took second...the second show he took 1st and Boo took second). So, after much deliberation (and ooohing and ahhhing over all her buns!), we decided on the older one. His name is Quaker Hill's Grump, a chestnut agouti, and cute as can be. We went with him because I HAVE to get Cher bred. And it was either get Grump and use him or breed her to her brother (which I wanted to avoid). I'll give him a few days to get settled in and then the two shall hopefully meet...and procreate. LOL I wasn't going to pick him, because she really liked him and had been showing him. But her response was, "I can make more." hahaha I really do love most of the rabbit folks I've met! A great bunch of folks, for sure!

These pictures are from the breeder's website, and the one of Grump is very outdated. But you can get an idea on his build.

000_0051.jpg

His sire:
019.JPG

And dam:
020.JPG

Congratulations on the new buck. Looking forward to hearing about Grump and Cher and their future kits.

K

Thanks!!! I'll get some better pictures of him today, before it gets too hot to mess with them. My lines can definitely benefit with more depth, and hopefully he'll fit the bill. :)

Beautiful! Love his color, can't wait to see kits!

So are French Lops like Mini Lops, just bigger?
I have 5 mini lops that my sister and I show. I love lop breeds and I want to breed Mini, English, and maybe French lops within the next few years.

Back