Got Honey neutered, today.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labyrinth001

Reaction score
So I got Honey neutered today, and everything went well. :) He's home, confined to his cage, and has been eating and drinking without issue. His poops look normal for the most part, some a little tiny but I know irregular poops are to be expected for the first day or so. My question is....

When is it safe to let him out to hop around a bit? He's already getting antsy in his cage, as he's used to having the run of the room or at least a large pen to be out in at all times. I know I have to confine him for awhile so he doesn't cause damage to his sutures, but how long should I keep him in his cage? When can I at least put a small pen out so he can come out and stretch a bit? I know it's for the best that he stays put for a little while, but I do feel bad seeing him put his paws up on the bars as if begging to come out. :rollseyes

I don't know, but think of the paws up as a little exercise, & a good sign that he's healing.

PS -- My rabbit is named Honey, too.

Watermelons wrote a great aftercare article about neuters and spays. If you search aftercare neuter it should come up.

Toby was just neutered last Tuesday, he basically started getting cabin fever by Wednesday morning. It was really hard keeping him confined, but I've only just started giving him some free run time the past day or two. His incisions were left open so I wanted to make sure that he was healing up well before he had space to hop around and stretch out.

I'll be giving him full access to all three levels of his cage by I think Thursday.

Latest posts

Back