Got Ears?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Glad all is well, I know what you mean about bunny proofing. Everytime I think I have something e-lop'd proof, Daisy lets me know I failed.

Great pictures!
Thanks Dave. That is so true! :D We actually resorted to stuffing pillows anywhere she could have access to wires. HA HA HA! But she incessantly digs at them or finds another way around. Crazy girl!

Once we move we'll be using cord protectors and PVC piping over the wires and I might also enclose some NIC cubes around the entertainment center for extra protection.

How about some Michiko pic spam to brighten your day? She's extra lazy this evening and encourages everyone to just take a break from the fast lane and remember to sit it out once-in-a-while.

24y8gi9.jpg

2iv1t2p.jpg

2iglibp.jpg

2i8f0gp.jpg

118khz8.jpg

2akqqu.jpg

qs3z2g.jpg

15mi874.jpg

2z99xld.jpg

We are getting ready to move into a bigger place in a month [yay!] so we may be away for a bit while we get setup in our new place.

I apologize for being gone so long. We have moved to the complex right next to our old one. The actual apartment is bigger than the old one, but the bathrooms are much smaller. This means no more bathroom for Michiko. However, it does not mean Michiko needs to move in to something smaller. We built her an enormous "cage" [playpen] upstairs to live in and she seems to be perfectly content. It's not quite finished, but it's done enough to be inhabited.

Just need to cut and staple the vinyl back in the closet.

2ntbu46.jpg

33bfz35.jpg

2qx73f5.jpg

She's a little nervous about the change, but she is doing good so far.

2nrfrjd.jpg

We are getting one of these to close off the half of our living room that's full of electronics so she can come out without worry every night and enjoy time with us downstairs.

Yesterday we had a nasty heat wave come through and while we were building the rabbit cage we were sweating waterfalls and Michiko was suffering pretty badly. She laid down on the new staple gun to get cool even though I put a bag of frozen peas on her, so I rushed her and the dogs down stairs for emergency water and I put her in the kitchen where the floor is cool. She was back to normal in a flash and we went to work on the cage some more a little later. We got an A/C unit for the window [the A/C in this place does not work well and cannot manage to cool down the home at all] and it cooled down fairly quickly. We have the A/C unit running on low now with 2 fans keeping the cool air circulated. I have frozen water bottles ready as well.

Michiko is the hardest of all of our critters to move. Ha ha. But ya know - we love her. She seems to be shedding/getting rid of fur right now as well. You can see how uneven it is so I got a FurBuster to help her with that. It's the same thing as the Furminator, but $15 cheaper. :biggrin2:

I'm getting her a harness soon. I think she would enjoy the great outdoors. Hey Dave - any suggestions on a harness for a rabbit her size? Should I go for a small dog harness instead of a large rabbit harness? Thoughts from you or anyone are appreciated!

Hope you and your buns are well!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Helen! Things have been real crazy around here, but they should slow down after the weekend. :)

Michiko is way too gorgeous with those big e-loppy ears of hers! What a little sugardrop! Hopefully the weather settles out for you soon and it's not so hot, they do feel it quite keenly don't they?

Cabrissi wrote:
Michiko is way too gorgeous with those big e-loppy ears of hers! What a little sugardrop! Hopefully the weather settles out for you soon and it's not so hot, they do feel it quite keenly don't they?
Even we were sweating rivers. Hubbs shirt was ruined before long. It was HOT in that room. It's upstairs, so all the hot air was up there. The new A/C unit has fixed the problem, though. :)

Thank you very much! She is a gorgeous girl. :inlove:

More Michiko pic spam? Yes, please!

We brought her out for a little while last night so she could explore and enjoy herself. She had quite a lot of fun! She loves that dog bed ... I might get her one and put it in her closet.

2r23tky.jpg

dy6r6v.jpg

s661pd.jpg

znm2a8.jpg

25utvv7.jpg

2uyfx9d.jpg

w6yrva.jpg

r20xsy.jpg

242adzd.jpg

2u7yweb.jpg

It's crazy to think she's only 8 months old. She's huge!

I have to say having her in a cage feels so much better to me. I hated having her shut in that bathroom. She can't [or hasn't tried to] jump out of her new pen and I love that I can constantly see her and keep an eye on her. Caring for her is much easier, too.

Oh, Michiko. I adore you. :inlove:

Aww!! Such a pretty girl. I use x-small dog harnesses for my dutch and holland, so a small dog harness would probably be good for her. I like the I-shaped ones better than the figure 8 ones--you don't have to pull it over their head.

Dragonrain wrote:
Michiko is such a pretty bunny! I hope your move went well and that you're all settling into the new place.
Thanks! All went well, which is surprising considering me and hubbs did it all by ourselves minus some help from Friend-With-A-Truck to move the large furniture and bed. Everyone seems to be adjusting well.

tonyshuman wrote:
Aww!! Such a pretty girl. I use x-small dog harnesses for my dutch and holland, so a small dog harness would probably be good for her. I like the I-shaped ones better than the figure 8 ones--you don't have to pull it over their head.
Thank you for the suggestion. :) I definitely don't feel like the rabbit harnesses would be big/sturdy enough for her. Ha ha. I'll look into dog harnesses! Michiko ain't fussy about being touched, thankfully.

Back